Sand Dunes

Share information about sports, exploring the desert, hiking, etc.

Re: Sand Dunes

Postby surfsteve » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:50 am

pcslim wrote:Singing sand dunes
Just one of the wonders of nature that can't be enjoyed when retarded idiots are riding around on their motorized toys! :curse:

I didn't think the noise they were making was that bad. I also didn't notice anything motorized. They appeared to be causing the sound by merely scooting along on their butts... :toiletgrab:
surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Postby pcslim » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:27 am

surfsteve wrote:
Just one of the wonders of nature that can't be enjoyed when retarded idiots are riding around on their motorized toys! :curse:
]

I didn't think the noise they were making was that bad. I also didn't notice anything motorized. They appeared to be causing the sound by merely scooting along on their butts... :toiletgrab:

Almost funny! :popcorn:
But just in case anyone didn't really get the connection, the motorized toys I was referring to would be motorcycles, quads, and other vehicles such as the truck seen in the first video in this thread.
pcslim
Backcountry Hiker

Postby FlyingPig » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:43 am

pcslim wrote:
surfsteve wrote:
]

Almost funny! :popcorn:
But just in case anyone didn't really get the connection, the motorized toys I was referring to would be motorcycles, quads, and other vehicles such as the truck seen in the first video in this thread.

Nature? I can take it or leave it, but life is for fun and life is short so get out and have fun while you can! :thumb:
FlyingPig
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby sandman » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:35 am

Death Valley Sand Dunes
    Mesquite Flat Dunes
    Eureka Dunes
    Saline Valley Dunes
    Panamint Dunes
    Ibex Dunes
LINK: http://www.nps.gov/deva/naturescience/sand-dunes.htm
sandman
Cantankerous Mule

Postby wildrose » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:20 am

The Desert: Where Life Goes To Die - Horrifying Planet - Ep. 9
Odd theory about the origin of sand dunes near the end of this parody video! :laughingx2:
Also most of the video seems to be from the Sahara except for about 5 seconds in the middle that seems to be from Joshua Tree NP.
wildrose
Backcountry Hiker

Previous

Return to Outdoor Recreation