UFOs?

This forum is dedicated to news outside the Trona Zone, but within the borders of the USA, but Canada and Mexico can fit here too.

Re: UFOs?

Postby Anonymizer » Sun May 22, 2011 7:01 am

JanuaryJones wrote:"Roswell Crash Was Russian UFO With Genetically Altered Little People"
I think this lady is really serious. I think she really believes this BS. Contributing editor? I doubt it! She's a looney-toon and this commentator treats her like she's legit! That's Fox News for you!
:crazy:

I don't see how this story can be presented in this manner. It's a ridiculous story and yet it's being presented as if it's legitimate. Further, there is absolutely no irony in the voice of the host. This is Fox News. They are completely unfair to those who don't agree with them on a routine basis and then something as ridiculous as this is presented in a fair and objective manner as if it deserved to be taken seriously. This is just plain crazy!
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Sun May 22, 2011 4:34 pm

shadylady wrote:
JanuaryJones wrote:"Roswell Crash Was Russian UFO With Genetically Altered Little People"
I think this lady is really serious. I think she really believes this BS. Contributing editor? I doubt it! She's a looney-toon and this commentator treats her like she's legit! That's Fox News for you!
:crazy:

I don't see how this story can be presented in this manner. It's a ridiculous story and yet it's being presented as if it's legitimate. Further, there is absolutely no irony in the voice of the host. This is Fox News. They are completely unfair to those who don't agree with them on a routine basis and then something as ridiculous as this is presented in a fair and objective manner as if it deserved to be taken seriously. This is just plain crazy!

what's the big deal? "It says Fox News"....enough said
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Fri May 27, 2011 6:57 am

"AREA 51" Author Called Out On Her Unbelievable Story
This interview goes to the other extreme. This news reporter overdoes the aggressive journalism thing. Obviously the author sensationalized her story a bit and stretched the facts, etc., but that's just obvious and we don't need an aggressive journalist to reveal the obvious! There's a more moderate approach that is appropriate somewhere between the pseudo-journalistic approach taken by FOX as seen in my previous post and the overly aggressive approach taken here. This should be treated as a fun story and skepticism should be implied, but no badgering the author necessary here!
:mad002:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby FlyingPig » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:51 pm

Michio Kaku: If Space Aliens Attack They Will Overwhelm Us In The Opening Shots Of A War!
"Hollywood assumes that the aliens are ONLY 100 years more advanced than us!" :alien:
FlyingPig
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby MojaveMike » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:45 pm

Small Town's UFO Scare Revealed To Be Alien Hoax
Darn those aliens!!! :alien:
MojaveMike
Backcountry Hiker

Postby imscary » Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:35 pm

imscary
Greenhorn

Postby shadylady » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:05 am

UFO Reports Spiked this Summer
Well, this could mean that UFO activity is actually increasing and that an alien attack is imminent, OR it could mean that people spend more time outside during the summer, often in some kind of altered state of consciousness as the result of consumption of drugs or alcohol. Hmmmm....... I wonder which is more likely.......
:laughingx2:
Why might UFOs be seen more often in the summer months? One possibility is that people spend more time outdoors; we spend warm nights outside at parties and barbecues, thus we have more opportunity to notice things in the sky than in the winter when we're inside watching television. That said, Clift pointed out that his organization doesn't normally see such dramatic seasonal increases in reports.
Whether the increase in sightings is rooted in reality, a computer glitch, or psychological and social influences remains to be seen. One thing is certain: This is not the first time that UFO reports have increased, and it won't be the last.

LINK: http://www.space.com/12995-ufo-sightings-reports-spike-august-summer.html
shadylady
Backcountry Hiker

Postby blackturtle.us » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:41 pm

THE SECRETS OF THE MOJAVE: (Or, The Conspiracy Against Reality)
Here's an interesting download for you. It's a book, 245 pages long, all about UFO-related stuff that supposedly took place in the general area of the Mojave Desert. I've skimmed it a little and it is a little incoherent, but there are interesting tidbits here and there. I'm not saying I recommend it, but you might find it interesting.
LINK: http://www.abidemiracles.com/branton2.pdf
blackturtle.us
Cantankerous Mule

Postby desertrat » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:29 am

blackturtle.us wrote:THE SECRETS OF THE MOJAVE: (Or, The Conspiracy Against Reality)
Here's an interesting download for you. It's a book, 245 pages long, all about UFO-related stuff that supposedly took place in the general area of the Mojave Desert. I've skimmed it a little and it is a little incoherent, but there are interesting tidbits here and there. I'm not saying I recommend it, but you might find it interesting.
LINK: http://www.abidemiracles.com/branton2.pdf

Very interesting! I downloaded the document and searched for the word "Panamint" and it came up dozens of times. It doesn't look like the "information" contained in this document is very reliable, but it does at least have some entertainment value!
:crazy2:
desertrat
Backcountry Hiker

Postby FlyingPig » Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:28 pm

Do you people believe in UFOs?
This ain't no f*ckin around! :smoker:
FlyingPig
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby wildrose » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:42 am

"It Looks Like A Flying Saucer" But It's A House...
Maybe a dome home is the right thing for you! :cool2:
wildrose
Backcountry Hiker

Postby blackturtle.us » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:12 am

UFO Landing Zones In The Desert?
Might be a good way to make some money. Enterprising entrepreneurs should probably consider starting a business catering to the needs of our friends from outer-space. It could be quite a lucrative business depending on the extraterrestrial exchange rate!
blackturtle.us
Cantankerous Mule

PreviousNext

Return to National News