Making Money on YouTube

Share information about movies, websites, television, music, etc.

Making Money on YouTube

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:38 am

How much money do people make on YouTube?
Lots of people and companies are making hundreds of thousands of dollars per year on YouTube. Thousands of YouTube users are making at least a few thousand dollars per year. The link below takes you to a website that lists the top 16,200 YouTube users in terms of how much they make from their YouTube videos each year. Obviously, YouTube might be only part of their income, but for some of these people YouTube provides plenty of income! For instance, Shane Dawson makes over $250K/year directly from his YouTube videos. Most likely he makes a lot more in side deals and other projects.
LINK: http://www.myu2b.com/
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Re: Making Money on YouTube

Postby Anonymizer » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:08 pm

I've heard that most people don't make any money on YouTube and most of the stuff on YouTube is junk anyways. If you start looking at random videos most of what you see is just crap. There are good videos, but they're hard to find. Most people who have videos on YouTube are just wasting drive space on YouTube's servers. They just clog the internet with worthless crap!
:soap:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:22 pm

Didn't that Justin Bieber dweeb start out on YouTube? He's mega rich right about now cuz all sorts of dweebs and dweebets buy his crappy music! :drool:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:08 am

HAND wrote:Didn't that Justin Bieber dweeb start out on YouTube? He's mega rich right about now cuz all sorts of dweebs and dweebets buy his crappy music! :drool:

I've heard about quite a few people starting out on YouTube and becoming quite successful. There was a kid who was in middle school who sang a Lady Gaga song at a school assembly and got to be on the Ellen Show. Someone videoed him playing and posted the video and the video went viral and now he has a recording contract. It's a little like winning the lottery, but it happens.
:king:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:01 am

HOW TO BE POPULAR ON YOUTUBE
This funny video explains how NOT to get popular on YouTube: :dizzy:
1. Think like a 12-year-old
2. Speed up your voice
3. First comment
4. Boobies!
5. Use names of celebrities in the title of your video
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:03 am

Here's an interesting video featuring a father and son combination. Not only are they making money from their YouTube channel, but they're also sharing their interest in video games at the same time!
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:44 am

Man Arrested for Videotaping 140-MPH Drive for YouTube
Some people get so focused on making money (or gaining fame) that they forget to use common sense!
On paper, the plan might have seemed bulletproof. Stanislav Bakanov would videotape himself driving his BMW at ridiculous speeds and post it on YouTube, thereby earning the admiration of juiced-up meatheads nationwide. Either he'd drive fast and get away scot-free, or he'd get pulled over, in which case the videotaped conversation with police would make him an even bigger Internet sensation. Unfortunately, Bakanov forgot that driving 140 mph would simply get him thrown in jail--and the video footage? That's what prosecutors call "exhibit A."

LINK: http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2011/02/stanislav_bakanov_oregon_dumba.php
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:12 am

YouTube's New Merger Aims to Help Aspiring Producers
YouTube currently has an estimated 15,000 partnerships, leading some users to make six-figure salaries on their uploaded content.

Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:09 pm

Check out this channel: http://www.youtube.com/machinima
Basically they make almost $1000/day (365 days a year) for making videos of themselves playing video games. They just talk and play and upload the videos in two to twelve minute sessions. They have over 2 million subscribers. What am I even going to college for?
:up2:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:44 am

a2z wrote:Check out this channel: http://www.youtube.com/machinima
Basically they make almost $1000/day (365 days a year) for making videos of themselves playing video games. They just talk and play and upload the videos in two to twelve minute sessions. They have over 2 million subscribers. What am I even going to college for?

I'm sure a lot of teens would love to make money making videos about playing video games. In fact, I'm sure quite a few are doing just that, BUT I'm sure that many, many, many more are trying and getting nowhere! That would be a pretty competitive niche to try to fill and I'm sure there are about ten thousand teens trying to do just that and I bet fewer than two dozen are making any money for their efforts!
:dizzy:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:32 am

shadylady wrote:
a2z wrote:Check out this channel: http://www.youtube.com/machinima

I'm sure a lot of teens would love to make money making videos about playing video games. In fact, I'm sure quite a few are doing just that, BUT I'm sure that many, many, many more are trying and getting nowhere! That would be a pretty competitive niche to try to fill and I'm sure there are about ten thousand teens trying to do just that and I bet fewer than two dozen are making any money for their efforts!
:dizzy:

I was surfing around YouTube the other day and I discovered that there are literally thousands of videos featuring Nerf guns. In fact, if you do a search for NERF you'll find that some of the nerf videos have over a million views with many more in the hundred-thousands. I'm not sure if anyone is making money off these videos, but they sure are accumulating a lot of views. A smart teenager could probably make more money on YouTube than he or she would ever dream of making by working traditional jobs. Come to think of it, that's how a few multi-millionaires got their start in the last five or so years!
:sunshine:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:50 am

Google Invests In YouTube Original Programming
Google to create 20 new channels that will feature "low quality" original content. They want something better than user-generated content, but cheaper to produce than television content. This may provide an interesting career path option for YouTube contributers who are exceptionally talented.
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Next

Return to Media Recommendations