Viral Video

Share information about movies, websites, television, music, etc.

Viral Video

Postby cactuspete » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:48 am

Why videos go viral :pacman:
1. Tastemakers
2. Community Participation
3. Unexpectedness
cactuspete
Backcountry Hiker

Re: Viral Video

Postby desertrat » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:42 am

Kony 2012 - The Solution :roll:
Most of you have probably heard of and/or seen the Kony 2012 video and most of you probably figured out that it was just a propaganda film designed to create public support for military intervention in Africa so that the USA can control resources in a few key countries on that continent. The problem is that it's obvious that a huge number of people mistake the propaganda film as a reliable source of information despite its obvious use of emotional manipulation techniques. Oh well, anyways, this guy has some funny things to say about the film...
desertrat
Backcountry Hiker

Postby James Sel » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:04 am

desertrat wrote:Kony 2012 - The Solution :roll:
Most of you have probably heard of and/or seen the Kony 2012 video and most of you probably figured out that it was just a propaganda film designed to create public support for military intervention in Africa so that the USA can control resources in a few key countries on that continent. The problem is that it's obvious that a huge number of people mistake the propaganda film as a reliable source of information despite its obvious use of emotional manipulation techniques. Oh well, anyways, this guy has some funny things to say about the film...

From Cnbc were already there

15 Oct11
President Barack Obama has ordered up to 100 U.S. military trainers into central Africa to help combat the Lord's Resistance Army, a band of just 200 rebels behind a campaign of murder, rape and kidnapping that began 20 years ago.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44906278/ns/world_news-africa/t/obama-sends-military-advisers-fight-africa-rebels/#.T2Nh-HnNmjE
I'm Just Say'en
James Sel
Backcountry Hiker

Postby desertrat » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:28 am

James Sel wrote:From Cnbc were already there

15 Oct11
President Barack Obama has ordered up to 100 U.S. military trainers into central Africa to help combat the Lord's Resistance Army, a band of just 200 rebels behind a campaign of murder, rape and kidnapping that began 20 years ago.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44906278/ns/world_news-africa/t/obama-sends-military-advisers-fight-africa-rebels/#.T2Nh-HnNmjE

I'm aware of the low-level involvement in the area, but I think the pitch is being made to increase the level of military intervention. Instead of the war being pushed from the top down, the idea is to gain public support first and manipulate the public into demanding the war in a bottom up manner. It's an interesting marketing experiment to see if the public can be sold on intervention and actually push for war despite the stupidity of such a war. BTW, the original Kony 2012 video currently has 79,927,048 views and it's only been out since Mar 5, 2012. It's the perfect model for well-designed propaganda. It's lean on the facts and heavy on the emotion. It's the perfect kind of presentation to get people whipped up into an emotional frenzy and to demand that something be done. Joseph Goebbels would be impressed!
desertrat
Backcountry Hiker

Postby James Sel » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:06 pm

I find it hard to believe that many people really seen the clip. I've asked a couple of people if they seen it. They haven't heard of it. Then as I was telling them told about it, I reminded myself heck I haven seen it either. So from your post I started watching it, After the first 2 minutes I was so board with it. I had to stop. Not sure if I'm a grumpy mood or what. But I still wonder how did they get that many views?
I'm Just Say'en
James Sel
Backcountry Hiker

Postby MRGREEN » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:57 pm

James Sel wrote:I find it hard to believe that many people really seen the clip. I've asked a couple of people if they seen it. They haven't heard of it. Then as I was telling them told about it, I reminded myself heck I haven seen it either. So from your post I started watching it, After the first 2 minutes I was so board with it. I had to stop. Not sure if I'm a grumpy mood or what. But I still wonder how did they get that many views?

Probably they used bots to get enough hits to get a spot on the front page of YouTube and from there between bots and being on the front page it just went crazy. I'd like to see a traffic analysis report on this video to know for sure. But judging from all the response videos (there must be 100s of them) there's no doubt that a ton of people watched it! Also it's been discussed on the major networks and so there's no doubt that a lot of people have either seen it or heard about it. I watched part of it and decided it was a bunch of BS, but apparently a good number of people fell for the vid, but that's not surprising considering all the f*cktards there are in this world!
:smoker:
MRGREEN
Backcountry Hiker

Postby cactuspete » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:57 am

Racist Bumper Sticker Going Viral (Photo)
Apparently bumper stickers (or at least photographs of them) can go viral too!!!
:yippy2:
cactuspete
Backcountry Hiker

Postby wildrose » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:53 am

'Don't Re-Nig 2012' Anti-Obama Bumper Sticker Seller Defends N-Word
More on this racist bumper sticker.
:conf003:
wildrose
Backcountry Hiker

Postby desertrat » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:57 am

KONY2012 :crazy:
This is a great parody of the propaganda video that went viral!!! Great stuff!!!
desertrat
Backcountry Hiker

Postby MojaveMike » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:39 am

"Bohemian Rhapsody" Performance by Canadian Charged With Drunk Driving Goes Viral
6,507,180 views in less than a week! :yippy2:

MojaveMike
Backcountry Hiker

Postby wildrose » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:54 am

Caine's Arcade :thumb:
This is pretty cool! 1,379,436 views in four days!!!
wildrose
Backcountry Hiker

Postby pcslim » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:20 am

Caine's Arcade: Interview with 9-Year Old Caine Monroy
More on Caine's Arcade! :thumb:
pcslim
Backcountry Hiker

Next

Return to Media Recommendations