Choice of Web Browser

Share information about movies, websites, television, music, etc.

Choice of Web Browser

Postby desertrat » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:54 am

Internet Explorer IQ report was a hoax
Hoax? I don't know. I'd say Internet Explorer is a dumb choice! :pacman:
My guess is that Micro$oft might be doing some damage control in order to bolster the self-esteem of its customers!!! :funny:
A report claiming Internet Explorer users scored lower on IQ tests than users of other Web browsers turns out to have been an elaborate hoax. The report, supposedly based on a survey of 100,000 Internet users, was released last week by what appeared to be a Vancouver-based, Web-consulting firm called Aptiquant. Major news outlets -- including CNN, the BBC, NPR, CNET, Forbes and London's Daily Mail and Telegraph -- reported the story last week, as did multiple technology blogs.

LINK: http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/web/08/03/explorer.report.faked/index.html
desertrat
Backcountry Hiker

Re: Choice of Web Browser

Postby surfsteve » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:37 am

It's people that don't use the Internet at all that have lower IQ's
surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Postby desertrat » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:09 am

surfsteve wrote:It's people that don't use the Internet at all that have lower IQ's

People who don't use the internet are for the most part uneducated and unintelligent (not all, just most). People who exclusively use M$ products are just one level above them. There's the bottom of the barrel and then there's that low-quality layer that isn't quite so bad. That would be where you find the M$ zombies.
desertrat
Backcountry Hiker

Postby James Sel » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:06 pm

desertrat wrote:
surfsteve wrote:It's people that don't use the Internet at all that have lower IQ's

People who don't use the internet are for the most part uneducated and unintelligent (not all, just most). People who exclusively use M$ products are just one level above them. There's the bottom of the barrel and then there's that low-quality layer that isn't quite so bad. That would be where you find the M$ zombies.

Thanks a lot ya rat
I'm Just Say'en
James Sel
Backcountry Hiker

Postby desertrat » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:10 pm

James Sel wrote:
desertrat wrote:

Thanks a lot ya rat

Anytime! And I'm available for weddings and Bar Mitzvahs too! :bubble:
(No offense intended. Maybe I should have said that people who willfully choose M$ products are idiots. After all many of us are on limited budgets and/or don't have time to mess with other OS's!)
desertrat
Backcountry Hiker

Postby James Sel » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:45 pm

I'm just glad I don't need to know how to write in DOS anymore
I'm Just Say'en
James Sel
Backcountry Hiker

Postby cactuspete » Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:18 am

James Sel wrote:I'm just glad I don't need to know how to write in DOS anymore

Ah, the good old days of .bat and .ini files! That stuff was kind of fun to tinker around with! :pacman:
cactuspete
Backcountry Hiker

Postby pcslim » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:35 am

The death of Firefox
The other browsers have improved, but Firefox is still the best. That being said, the gap has narrowed and so the incentive to load Firefox has diminished. BTW, the use of Chrome and Safari has grown during the last couple years, whereas both Firefox and Internet Explorer have lost users. I would seriously consider using Chrome, if I weren't so attached to Firefox!
:pacman:
It doesn’t look good for Firefox: Almost every month for the last three years, Firefox has lost ground to Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Safari. For most of 2009 the trend was fairly straight as it fended off Chrome and nibbled away at IE, but between 2010 and today Firefox has lost a third of its market share, from a worldwide peak of around 30% down to 20%.

LINK: http://www.extremetech.com/computing/116885-the-death-of-firefox
pcslim
Backcountry Hiker

Postby mrfish » Mon May 21, 2012 7:52 am

Chrome is the most popular browser in the world :thumb:
Most of the gain came from people switching over from IE. Also IE's lead over Firefox has been greatly reduced!
For the first week in history, Google Chrome is the most-used browser in the world, according to Statcounter. While Chrome has been leapfrogging the incumbent Internet Explorer on weekends for some time now, the week of May 14th–20th marks the first time Chrome has averaged a higher traffic share over a full seven-day stretch.

LINK: http://www.theverge.com/2012/5/21/3033566/chrome-most-popular-browser-weekly-may-2012
mrfish
Backcountry Hiker

Return to Media Recommendations