Trona Pinnacles Movie List

Share information about sports, exploring the desert, hiking, etc.

Re: Trona Pinnacles Movie List

Postby Anonymizer » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Originally posted by bruce66 2010-09-18:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:57 pm

Originally posted by desertrat 2010-09-14:
luvbuny wrote:What is the front part of a full sized jet airliner doing at the turn off to the Pinnacles? Movie, commercial, or what? :puzzled2:

I noticed that too and I still haven't heard what kind of project it's there for. Most likely a movie. It looks like a little much for a commercial, but who knows in this world of outrageous expenditures for worthless things?
Last edited by REPOSTER on Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby FlyingPig » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Here's one featuring Randsburg. Horrible song, but you can always turn off the sound! :yippy2:
FlyingPig
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby FlyingPig » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:57 pm

The church in this video looks an awful lot like the church in the previous video. I guess that don't prove nothing, but it does raise the possibility! This is also one of those songs that you might want to turn the sound off for. Interesting thing is that the Kathy Mattea song came out in 1994 and this song came out in 1990. It seems like they may have been produced by the same person because although the songs are different the videos are similar in a few ways.
:conf003:
FlyingPig
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby panamint_patty » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:16 am

FlyingPig wrote:Here's one featuring Randsburg. Horrible song, but you can always turn off the sound! :yippy2:

FlyingPig wrote:The church in this video looks an awful lot like the church in the previous video. I guess that don't prove nothing, but it does raise the possibility! This is also one of those songs that you might want to turn the sound off for. Interesting thing is that the Kathy Mattea song came out in 1994 and this song came out in 1990. It seems like they may have been produced by the same person because although the songs are different the videos are similar in a few ways.
:conf003:

I turned the sound off on both of these videos after only a few seconds into the songs! You're right, FlyingPig, these songs are truly atrocious. Neither song is worthy of the setting of the video. It's as if the producer was hoping to make up for the crappy songs by associating them with a really neat place. It just didn't work. Besides the setting, I found it odd that the boys in the videos looked quite similar. Maybe the boys were friends of the producer or something. It's too bad that good professional musicians haven't done any videos around here!
:violin:
panamint_patty
Backcountry Hiker

Postby FlyingPig » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:10 am

Major film underway in Southern Inyo
Doesn't sound like an especially good movie, but it might be worth renting... :popcorn:
Inyo Film Commissioner Chris Langley reported to the Inyo Board of Supervisors on current and recent film activity. Though Langley said he could not disclose details about the current movie, The Internet Movie Database says the film is “Django Unchained” starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Jamie Foxx, Kurt Russell, Samuel L. Jackson, Don Johnson, Kerry Washington and many others. Quentin Tarantino wrote and will direct the movie. Langley said there is a non-disclosure agreement that he must honor, so he would not say exactly what the movie is and who is in it. Langley did tell the Supervisors that the bright lights in Independence at night will continue through the week. He also said there are two Oscar winners here. Langley said that Leonardo DiCaprio stars in the film but does not appear in the part under production here.

LINK: http://www.sierrawave.net/9161/major-film-underway/
FlyingPig
Fleabitten Varmint

Previous

Return to Outdoor Recreation