President's Day softball Games

Share information about sports, exploring the desert, hiking, etc.

President's Day softball Games

Postby Anonymizer » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:02 pm

Don't the ball game in the Saline Valley and pot luck there after. Coming soon plan now.

Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Re: President's Day softball Games

Postby Anonymizer » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:07 pm

Playing softball in the middle of the desert. That almost seems bizarre somehow. I gotta admit the idea of someone accidentally getting clobbered with a bat is something that concerns me a little. Sure, I'll explore a mine tunnel and take my chances that way, but the idea of a bad concussion as the result of getting clobbered with a bat and the long ride to get medical assistance, that just plain scares me. Not sure why.
:confused2:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:31 pm

JanuaryJones wrote:Playing softball in the middle of the desert. That almost seems bizarre somehow. I gotta admit the idea of someone accidentally getting clobbered with a bat is something that concerns me a little. Sure, I'll explore a mine tunnel and take my chances that way, but the idea of a bad concussion as the result of getting clobbered with a bat and the long ride to get medical assistance, that just plain scares me. Not sure why.
:confused2:

On Saturday you can play golf in a rock field if your not afraid of twisting an ankle. Maybe you might want to be a cheerleader for a day at the game. Show your cooking skills at the pot luck. Lots of guys bring there Home brew and enjoy showing it off. I remember Silver Bob's Raspberry Stout yummy.
Last edited by James Sel on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:06 pm

Ummm.... I think that guy who's playing the trumpet has his junk hanging out. That's just a LITTLE GROSS and DISGUSTING!!!
:eek2:
But I guess it's good for a laugh and so what the heck!!!
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:20 am

MRGREEN wrote:Ummm.... I think that guy who's playing the trumpet has his junk hanging out. That's just a LITTLE GROSS and DISGUSTING!!!

I went in and edited (cropped) the pic cause you you seemed to have your eye's draw to some thing the pic was not about. You are of coarse welcome to come out to the springs this Presidents Day. But since the springs are a clothing optional area; you might be a too darn timid to enjoy yourself. But you shouldn't feel to out of place. You see there is a mirror near the shower. So you can continue your "it's good for a laugh and so what the heck!!" point of view starting with your self. I pity those how find the exposed human body gross or disgusting.
What I would find funny is pictures of a guy's face with a green skull getting his first colonoscopy while his doctor starts to laugh. Heck just the thought of it makes me grin.
There a mirror for you by the bathtub too
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:44 pm

James Sel wrote:
MRGREEN wrote:Ummm.... I think that guy who's playing the trumpet has his junk hanging out. That's just a LITTLE GROSS and DISGUSTING!!!

I went in and edited (cropped) the pic cause you you seemed to have your eye's draw to some thing the pic was not about. You are of coarse welcome to come out to the springs this Presidents Day. But since the springs are a clothing optional area; you might be a too darn timid to enjoy yourself. But you shouldn't feel to out of place. You see there is a mirror near the shower. So you can continue your "it's good for a laugh and so what the heck!!" point of view starting with your self. I pity those how find the exposed human body gross or disgusting.
What I would find funny is pictures of a guy's face with a green skull getting his first colonoscopy while his doctor starts to laugh. Heck just the thought of it makes me grin.

Why so touchy? I don't think MrGreen was trying to be insulting. It's natural for people's "eyes to be drawn to" unusual features in an image. Let's face it, of all the softball games to be played in Southern California this weekend, how many will have a guy playing trumpet with his genitals exposed?!! (Yeah, I saw the picture before that part of the picture was surgically removed!) Also an "It's good for a laugh..." attitude is far preferable to a "You dirty sinners I'm going to get the park service to shut you down!" kind of attitude! "It's good for a laugh" connotes a "Do what thou wilt" philosophy and is non-judgmental. Let's face it, nudity is unusual and hence many people find it humorous.
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:58 am

Maybe I'm just being a bit reactionary. I just think that saying a little nudity is far from gross and disgusting isn't right. Besides I was trying to pick a pic of the cheerleaders with their tops still on. I didn't want to have a pic about nudity. It's about having fun at the ball games...So all are welcome to: pull their pants out of your suitcases and pack theirs trumpets and join the festivities.
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:05 am

James Sel wrote:Maybe I'm just being a bit reactionary. I just think that saying a little nudity is far from gross and disgusting isn't right. Besides I was trying to pick a pic of the cheerleaders with their tops still on. I didn't want to have a pic about nudity. It's about having fun at the ball games...So all are welcome to: pull their pants out of your suitcases and pack theirs trumpets and join the festivities.

IMHO, most people look better with their clothes on. In fact, I can think of a lot of people who would look better with a bag over their faces! I'm not necessarily excluding myself from that list, BTW.
:dizzy:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:04 am

desertrat wrote:
James Sel wrote:Maybe I'm just being a bit reactionary. I just think that saying a little nudity is far from gross and disgusting isn't right. Besides I was trying to pick a pic of the cheerleaders with their tops still on. I didn't want to have a pic about nudity. It's about having fun at the ball games...So all are welcome to: pull their pants out of your suitcases and pack theirs trumpets and join the festivities.

IMHO, most people look better with their clothes on. In fact, I can think of a lot of people who would look better with a bag over their faces! I'm not necessarily excluding myself from that list, BTW.

I am in complete agreement with that statement! :funny:
Most of us are unsightly for any number of reasons. We are either fat, disproportioned, blemished, or otherwise best covered up with plenty of clothing! I don't have a problem with people romping around in the nude in Saline Valley (been there several times), but it sure would be an improvement if they put some clothes on! (There are a few exceptions to that rule that I've seen, but very few!!!)
:?
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:28 am

JanuaryJones wrote:
desertrat wrote:

I am in complete agreement with that statement! :funny:
Most of us are unsightly for any number of reasons. We are either fat, disproportioned, blemished, or otherwise best covered up with plenty of clothing! I don't have a problem with people romping around in the nude in Saline Valley (been there several times), but it sure would be an improvement if they put some clothes on! (There are a few exceptions to that rule that I've seen, but very few!!!)
:?

Amusing! ;)
The important thing is that people who are into a clothing-optional lifestyle have places they can go. In fact, I'd be in favor of making all beaches clothing optional and dropping most public indecency laws just so that it would be easier for people to enjoy themselves without their clothes on. What's that old saying? Nude is not lewd, I think is the slogan. It's time for people to grow up and stop getting all upset about nudity!
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:44 pm

It was a great weekend and ballgame.
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:43 am

James Sel wrote:It was a great weekend and ballgame.

The snow on the mountains in the background makes it look a little cold for the outfits the people in the picture are wearing, but it looks like they had a good time just the same.
:thumb2:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Return to Outdoor Recreation