Charlie Manson and Trona

Share information about sports, exploring the desert, hiking, etc.

Re: Charlie Manson and Trona

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:48 am

Ron Paul Denies Writing Letter On ‘Coming Race War’
Sounds like Ron Paul might have been friends with Charlie Manson!!! :laughingx2:
Paul is currently facing a torrent of media scrutiny over a newsletter he published in the 1980s and 1990s that featured racist, homophobic, and ant-Semitic content along with a raft of fringe conspiracy theories. He denies having either authored or read the most offensive content, but has not offered up an explanation as to who wrote the publication and how he hired them. His explanation has also changed somewhat since the newsletter issue was first raised in 1996.

LINK: http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/12/ron-paul-denies-writing-letter-on-coming-race-war.php
MojaveMike
Backcountry Hiker

Postby desertrat » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:18 am

MojaveMike wrote:Ron Paul Denies Writing Letter On ‘Coming Race War’
Sounds like Ron Paul might have been friends with Charlie Manson!!! :laughingx2:
Paul is currently facing a torrent of media scrutiny over a newsletter he published in the 1980s and 1990s that featured racist, homophobic, and ant-Semitic content along with a raft of fringe conspiracy theories. He denies having either authored or read the most offensive content, but has not offered up an explanation as to who wrote the publication and how he hired them. His explanation has also changed somewhat since the newsletter issue was first raised in 1996.

LINK: http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/12/ron-paul-denies-writing-letter-on-coming-race-war.php

I hope that doesn't mean that Ron Paul would pardon Charlie Manson. Worse yet, hopefully he doesn't put Manson in charge of any government programs that are supposed to promote equal rights for minorities!
:dizzy:
desertrat
Backcountry Hiker

Postby BallaratBob » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:27 am

desertrat wrote:
MojaveMike wrote:Ron Paul Denies Writing Letter On ‘Coming Race War’

I hope that doesn't mean that Ron Paul would pardon Charlie Manson. Worse yet, hopefully he doesn't put Manson in charge of any government programs that are supposed to promote equal rights for minorities!
:dizzy:

I got a chuckle out of a few of the quotes they pulled from those news letters! I admit that I agreed with a couple things that the media talking heads thought were supposed to be offensive. The comment about why the protests ended following the Rodney King incident seemed pretty accurate if you ask me! One way or the other I'm voting for Ron Paul all the way no matter what the media idiots say!!!
:smoker:
BallaratBob
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:17 am

Anonymizer wrote:
shadylady wrote:
bruce66 wrote:

Well, at least he didn't waste words in answering that question! I've seen clips of Manson rambling on incoherently in an excessively verbose manner. He scores points for concision on this one! It's an improvement anyways! :pacman:

Perhaps in his environment acting crazy is a necessary means of survival and avoiding the electric chair. Though I heard that Manson did not physicaly participate in any of the murders and that he never commanded anybody to do them. Seems like he had every opportunity to say that in court and express remorse but that he refused to even consider it. Had he done so he probably would have been out of jail a long time ago... and according to his record, probably back in for something else. Anyway. I just stumbled upon a video and wondered what if anything people of Trona had to say about him. It wasn't easy finding this thread because the words charles manson have been disabled from the search function.

Oddly enough. It seems like everybody is happy this way... Charlie doesn't seem to mind. Although I don't approve of him being compared to Ron Paul!
surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Previous

Return to Outdoor Recreation