Charlie Manson and Trona

Share information about sports, exploring the desert, hiking, etc.

Re: Charlie Manson and Trona

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:01 pm

desertrat wrote:Interesting tidbits about activities of Manson Family in area:
Every trace of the family members worn out clothing, battered utensils, rusted hardware, even the beat-up school bus eventually disappeared, all carried off by souvenir hunters.

The Manson Mine is gone. The same as Charlie's tree with twelve kinds of fruit - just another story.

LINK: http://www.mine-engineer.com/mining/mansonmine.htm
ALSO: http://www.deathvalley.com/dvtalkarc7/messages/25275.shtml
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:03 pm

wildrose wrote:She was only nineteen then and now she's been turned down for parole nineteen times! She must be over sixty by now! And they still consider her dangerous...

Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:04 pm

bruce66 wrote:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:06 pm

shadylady wrote:
bruce66 wrote:

Well, at least he didn't waste words in answering that question! I've seen clips of Manson rambling on incoherently in an excessively verbose manner. He scores points for concision on this one! It's an improvement anyways! :pacman:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:07 pm

surfsteve wrote:If I remember correctly all of the people that did the actual killing were released. I have heard that second, had but never researched it for myself. If true I find it Ironic. I knew Manson didn't participate directly in the murders but I had no idea about the gal in the last video, who was also imprisoned and did not participate. While I was watching the video, I almost felt as if she was in jail, for showing no remorse for having not participated, in the actual crime. All I know is something is whacked about the whole affair. If Manson really was responsible for mind controlling the others to do what they did then why are they showing him on national television? Wouldn't that be putting us all in similar danger? And if not, then why are the only two people (to my knowledge), not directly responsible but supposedly caused the whole thing in jail while everyone that actually did it, free? Surely I must be misinformed about something. Is it some sort of sick joke? Is it supposed to break us down to control our minds? How come in the real world all of the people that are responsible for controlling others, who kill millions in senseless wars, destroy property and steal trillions, get pardoned?
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:09 pm

desertrat wrote:
surfsteve wrote:If I remember correctly all of the people that did the actual killing were released. I have heard that second, had but never researched it for myself. If true I find it Ironic. I knew Manson didn't participate directly in the murders but I had no idea about the gal in the last video, who was also imprisoned and did not participate. While I was watching the video, I almost felt as if she was in jail, for showing no remorse for having not participated, in the actual crime. All I know is something is whacked about the whole affair. If Manson really was responsible for mind controlling the others to do what they did then why are they showing him on national television? Wouldn't that be putting us all in similar danger? And if not, then why are the only two people (to my knowledge), not directly responsible but supposedly caused the whole thing in jail while everyone that actually did it, free? Surely I must be misinformed about something. Is it some sort of sick joke? Is it supposed to break us down to control our minds? How come in the real world all of the people that are responsible for controlling others, who kill millions in senseless wars, destroy property and steal trillions, get pardoned?

Good points. I had heard that Manson was at the scene of one of the crimes, but I'm not sure if he directly killed anyone or not. Either way he did conspire at some level to commit murder. However, one version of the story I heard was that Manson merely remarked that certain people deserved to die and that his faithful followers planned and carried out the murders in order to please him. In any case, he's been in prison a lot longer than many people who have committed less publicized murders. If his case had not received national media attention he'd have been released long ago (probably in the late 1980s), but thanks to the media (and his own crazy antics) he'll probably never be released.
:violin:

That being said, I'm not exactly outraged that he's still in prison. Heck, there are a lot of people in prison for crimes they did not commit!

The Innocence Project: http://www.innocenceproject.org
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:11 pm

surfsteve wrote:Agreed. I'm not outraged that he is in prison. I am outraged that so many of the people that have done so much damage to this country are not!
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:15 pm

wildrose wrote:New Charles Manson Recordings
Manson is still in solitary confinement, but he's still writing and recording songs! :dizzy:
And, believe it or not, there's a local tie-in: Dallas-turned-Austin-based Withdrawal Records just released an EP, Inner Earth Inferno, featuring two songs from Manson and two songs from Ancient VVisdom, a new Austin-based doom-folk band featuring ex-Integrity/Final Plan member Jochum. Locally, Withdrawal is known for tour managing Power Trip.

As for the songs, well, apparently Charles Manson's anger is these days geared towards the plight of the environment instead of race wars. And instead of having the Family, he has a new group of followers, these ones called The Outlaws. There are two songs on the EP from Manson, "Irony of Life" and "What Could I Do?" both of which were recorded this summer.

Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:21 pm

desertrat wrote:Charles Manson had cell phone under prison mattress
Sounds like Manson is reaching out and touching someone while incarcerated. I wonder if he was making prank calls or if he had important business he needed to conduct!
:funny:
Charles Manson didn't post to Facebook using a smart phone, but he did make calls using a cell phone from prison. The infamous convicted murderer had an LG flip phone hidden under his mattress which was found by prison officials. Manson used the phone to make calls and send text messages to people in California, New Jersey, Florida and British Columbia, Terry Thornton, a spokeswoman for the California Department of Corrections, told the Los Angeles Times.

"Contraband cell phones are becoming so prevalent in California prisons that guards can't keep them out of the hands of the most notorious and violent inmates: Even Charles Manson, orchestrator of one of the most notorious killing rampages in U.S. history," said the Times' report, referring to the 1969 murders of pregnant actress Sharon Tate and six other people.

LINK: Charles Manson Caught With Cell Phone in Prison
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:24 am

Most of the times that I've visited the Manson Cabin I've not seen anything strange. Either it's just me and the people that I came with or some random tourists, but a couple times there have been some strange folks out there. The desert attracts all kinds and some of them are a little on the eccentric side, if you ask me! But that's why I'm always cautious when visiting the backcountry. You gotta be prepared for anything! But the Panamints are my favorite area to explore and so I get out there when I can!
:4x4:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:42 pm

DVNP
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:42 am

Global warming must be true, Charles Manson believes in it. Killer breaks 20-year silence on 40th anniversary of gruesome Sharon Tate murders
If Charlie says it's true, then it must be true!!! :dizzy:
Crazed cult leader Charles Manson has broken a 20-year silence in a prison interview coinciding with the 40th anniversary of his conviction for the gruesome Sharon Tate murders - to speak out about global warming. The infamous killer, who started championing environmental causes from behind bars, bemoaned the 'bad things' being done to environment in a rambling phone interview from his Californian jail cell.

'Everyone’s God and if we don’t wake up to that there’s going to be no weather because our polar caps are melting because we’re doing bad things to the atmosphere. If we don’t change that as rapidly as I’m speaking to you now, if we don’t put the green back on the planet and put the trees back that we’ve butchered, if we don’t go to war against the problem...' he added, trailing off.

LINK: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1378178/Charles-Manson-breaks-20-year-silence-40th-anniversary-gruesome-Sharon-Tate-murders.html
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

PreviousNext

Return to Outdoor Recreation