Corporations Are Our Enemies!

If it's happening outside of North America and you want to talk about it, this is the place!

Postby Anonymizer » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:09 pm

This is a truly inspirational video. It gives me hope that there is intelligence that can rise above the stupidity that permeates this entire culture, country, and world! I usually don't get inspired by a speech, but that's because most speeches are given to manipulate. This speech was for real!
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Re: Corporations Are Our Enemies!

Postby Anonymizer » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:06 pm

RATM: Know Your Enemy
Nuff said!
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:11 am

The "Islamic Enemy"
Ron Paul provides a brief history of our conflicts with Islamic nations. It seems that someone profits from this manufactured conflict. :angry:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:46 am

Rand Paul Wants To Eliminate Government Programs That Help Citizens
Rand Paul seems to want to get the government out of the way of big corporations. The proper role of government is to protect citizens from big corporations. The problem is that Paul seems to want to eliminate these protections! The government should stay the heck out of the private lives of citizens, but it is still needed to keep the corporations under control otherwise fascism is the unavoidable result.
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:25 am

More U.S. Soldiers Killed Themselves Than Died in Combat in 2010
When soldiers realize that they are fighting a completely meaningless and pointless war it might demoralize them just a little. Some have to come to grips with the inevitable conclusion that everything they believed in is a lie. That can't be too easy! Especially when corporations are making tons of money and politicians are sitting fat and happy as a result of their sacrifices!
:curse:
For the second year in a row, more American soldiers—both enlisted men and women and veterans—committed suicide than were killed in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Excluding accidents and illness, 462 soldiers died in combat, while 468 committed suicide. A difference of six isn't vast by any means, but the symbolism is significant and troubling. In 2009, there were 381 suicides by military personnel, a number that also exceeded the number of combat deaths.

LINK: http://www.good.is/post/more-us-soldiers-killed-themselves-than-died-in-combat-in-2010/
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:04 pm

ZEITGEIST: MOVING FORWARD | OFFICIAL RELEASE | 2011
WARNING: 2 HOURS, 41 MINUTES, 25 SECONDS LONG!
WATCHED BY OVER ONE MILLION PEOPLE ON YOUTUBE IN FOUR DAYS!!!!
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:08 am

RuskyEd wrote:ZEITGEIST: MOVING FORWARD | OFFICIAL RELEASE | 2011

Something tells me that most of those people didn't watch the whole thing!!!!!!!!!
:sunshine:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:32 pm

Alex Jones: Corporations, US government run news media
Alex Jones is a bit crazy, but some of what he says makes sense. In this interview he makes some good points. Just make sure you have your BS detector turned on!
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:44 am

wildrose wrote:
RuskyEd wrote:ZEITGEIST: MOVING FORWARD | OFFICIAL RELEASE | 2011

Something tells me that most of those people didn't watch the whole thing!!!!!!!!!
:sunshine:

I watched the entire presentation. I'm not sure if I'd call it a documentary or a propaganda piece. I think I agreed with about 75% of the points made, but some of the evidence presented was weak and many of the conclusions were not supported by the evidence offered. They also failed to provide a convincing argument that their vision for the future would actually work and provide something that people would find to be a fulfilling lifestyle. In many ways this Zeitgeist film seemed like an excuse to impose a world government and it could usher in a surveillance society that would manage our affairs for our own good. Not sure if I like big brother controlling every aspect of my life!!!! On the other hand, there were some good points made about improving efficiency and using resources so that more people can benefit from technology, etc.
:confused2: :conf003: :nono:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:43 am

desertrat wrote:I watched the entire presentation. I'm not sure if I'd call it a documentary or a propaganda piece. I think I agreed with about 75% of the points made, but some of the evidence presented was weak and many of the conclusions were not supported by the evidence offered. They also failed to provide a convincing argument that their vision for the future would actually work and provide something that people would find to be a fulfilling lifestyle. In many ways this Zeitgeist film seemed like an excuse to impose a world government and it could usher in a surveillance society that would manage our affairs for our own good. Not sure if I like big brother controlling every aspect of my life!!!! On the other hand, there were some good points made about improving efficiency and using resources so that more people can benefit from technology, etc.
:confused2: :conf003: :nono:

I think I agree at least partially. I think some of the changes predicted/suggested in the video are going to happen no matter what, but a lot of it was pure fantasy. Many of the suggestions would probably make people miserable and I think there are a lot of hidden dangers unaccounted for in the video. But it does make you think a little about how things might change in the future. However, like they say, the more things change, the more they stay the same!
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:44 am

Corporate Control? Not in These Communities
Now here's a move in the right direction. The only thing worse than big government are big corporations. It takes a lot of hard work to keep these two threats under control!
Mt. Shasta, a small northern California town of 3,500 residents nestled in the foothills of magnificent Mount Shasta, is taking on corporate power through an unusual process—democracy.

The citizens of Mt. Shasta have developed an extraordinary ordinance, set to be voted on in the next special or general election, that would prohibit corporations such as Nestle and Coca-Cola from extracting water from the local aquifer. But this is only the beginning. The ordinance would also ban energy giant PG&E, and any other corporation, from regional cloud seeding, a process that disrupts weather patterns through the use of toxic chemicals such as silver iodide. More generally, it would refuse to recognize corporate personhood, explicitly place the rights of community and local government above the economic interests of multinational corporations, and recognize the rights of nature to exist, flourish, and evolve.

LINK: http://www.yesmagazine.org/people-power/corporate-control-not-in-these-communities
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:59 am

Chomsky: Uprising in the USA?
The protests in Wisconsin are probably more significant than those in Egypt, but it is safe for the press to cover those that are far away. The ones in Wisconsin are much more alarming and so they must be played down in order to keep the public from reacting to a legitimate problem that directly affects them!!! (The article also talks about unions a great deal. Some of you might recall what happened in Trona during the 1970s.)
:curse:
There has been a huge attack against private sector unions. Actually, that’s been going on since the Second World War. After the Second World War, business was terrified about the radicalization of the country during the Depression and then the war, and it started right off—Taft-Hartley was 1947—huge propaganda campaigns to demonize unions. It really—and it continued until you get to the Reagan administration.

Reagan was extreme. Beginning of his administration, one of the first things was to call in scabs—hadn’t been done for a long time, and it’s illegal in most countries—in the air controller strike. Reagan essentially—by "Reagan," I mean his administration; I don’t know what he knew—but they basically told the business world that they’re not going to apply the labor laws. So, that means you can break unions any way you like. And in fact, the number of firing of union organizers, illegal firing, I think probably tripled during the Reagan years.

LINK: http://www.alternet.org/story/149953/chomsky:_uprising_in_the_usa/?page=1
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Next

Return to World News