Could Malcom X Be Barack Obama’s Real Father ?

If it's happening outside of North America and you want to talk about it, this is the place!

Re: Could Malcom X Be Barack Obama’s Real Father ?

Postby surfsteve » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:49 am

James Sel wrote:
cactuspete wrote:Mad TV: Malcolm X in the Middle (Parody) :cool2:
Conspiracy theories aren't good for much more than a laugh!

LMAO bouncer bouncer

Both of you guys are guilty of debate by off topic spamming.
I might as well be trying to debunk this myself.

No, Malcolm X is not baby Obama's daddy

The Malcolm-as-father proponent usually begins with photos of Malcolm and Obama. (Yes, they do look vaguely alike.) He then builds a case by adding any random detail that might support his thesis and ignoring those that don’t. The latter category includes just about everything known about Malcolm X’s character and history.

In 1960 Malcolm X was the least likely black man in America to have impregnated Ann Dunham, Obama’s mom, then a mousy white adolescent in Washington state or Hawaii or wherever.

Beyond the logistical problems – Ann, are you sure America’s most prominent black nationalist will feel comfortable at your lily white prom? – Malcolm was bound by several restraints, both philosophical and personal.

For one, while a member of the Nation of Islam (NOI), the married Malcolm opposed adultery. He did so with such conviction that it would ultimately cost him his life.

In 1962, the year after Obama’s birth, Malcolm learned that two of the former secretaries of Elijah Muhammad, his spiritual leader in the NOI, had sued the old geezer for child support.

Malcolm was nothing if not faithful. From the time he entered prison until the time he married 12 years later he claimed he did not touch a woman “because of Mr. Muhammad’s influence upon me.”

He presumed the same principled restraint from other Muslims, Muhammad especially. At first, he refused to believe that Elijah Muhammad, the man who made the rules, would “betray the reverence bestowed upon him” by so many trusting black Muslims.

As the rumors grew stronger, Malcolm investigated, confirmed the stories and finally confronted Elijah with the facts. In so doing, Malcolm all but signed his death warrant. “Hating me,” he said prophetically, “was going to become the cause for people of shattered faith to rally around.”

In the last year or two of his life, Malcolm wised up to the mess he had made of his early years. “I was a zombie then – like all Muslims,” he said, “I was hypnotized, pointed in a certain direction and told to march.”

Unfortunately, before his change of heart, Malcolm had won over one significant would-be zombie, the boxer now known as Muhammad Ali. Forced to choose between Elijah and Malcolm, Ali chose Elijah, although Malcolm had been in his corner, almost literally, from the beginning,

“Worse than death was betrayal,” Malcolm would lament. And no betrayal cut as deeply as Ali’s. It “hurt Malcolm more than any other person turning away that I know of,” said Malcolm’s widow, Betty Shabazz.

Ali was the one person who might have saved Malcolm from Elijah’s fatwa. As the death threats morphed into murder plots, Shabazz begged his intercession.

“You see what you’re doing to my husband, don’t you,” she pleaded after a chance encounter with Ali. Ali blew her off, disingenuously raising his hands in the air and saying, “I’m not doing anything to him.”

Soon thereafter, an NOI hit squad assassinated Malcolm in full view of his wife and children at the Audubon Ballroom in Harlem. “Ali threw Malcolm away like a pork chop,” says Sunni Khalid, one of the few journalists to see through the myth. “Even today those who really know can never forgive him.”

A second fact that argues against paternity is that Malcolm, like Ali, like all NOI members, was proudly racist. “I’m Jack Johnson,” Ali once said comparing himself to the equally promiscuous heavyweight champion. “Without the white women.”

When asked in a 1975 Playboy interview if he believed that lynching was the answer to interracial sex, Ali answered, “A black man should be killed if he’s messing with a white woman.” This charming sentiment Ali voiced years into his unexamined reign as liberal sports icon. The left chose not to notice.

There is a third consideration. As is now well-documented, Malcolm X appears to have had little use for women. In his definitive Malcolm biography, “Malcolm X: A Life of Reinvention,” black scholar Manning Marable, confirmed the rumors. Before joining the NOI, Malcolm did have an “early homosexual relationship with a white businessman” and may have had other such relationships afterwards.

That much said, Malcolm did marry and father six children, but the Marable bio also contended that his relationship with Betty was less than exciting.

Marable included a letter Malcolm wrote to Elijah in 1959 on this very topic, “(Betty) told me that we were incompatible sexually because I had never given her any real satisfaction.”

Link: http://www.wnd.com/2011/12/377413/
surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Postby cactuspete » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:05 pm

surfsteve wrote:
James Sel wrote:
cactuspete wrote:Mad TV: Malcolm X in the Middle (Parody) :cool2:
Conspiracy theories aren't good for much more than a laugh!

LMAO bouncer bouncer

Both of you guys are guilty of debate by off topic spamming.
I might as well be trying to debunk this myself.

No, you're guilty of thinking that I was seriously debating the issue. I was making fun of the idea that such a notion could be true. It makes as much sense to DEBATE this hare-brained theory as it does to debate the existence of the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, or Santa Claus. It doesn't make sense to debate something which is absurd! In fact, I thought you were just sharing info about something that crazy people believed in. I didn't actually think that you actually believed that the theory had any value. There are a lot of things in this world that people can seriously debate. This is not one of them!
cactuspete
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:41 am

What
ever
you
say.
surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Postby cactuspete » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:45 am

surfsteve wrote:What ever you say.

So are you suggesting that anyone who looks like someone else must be a blood relative? :up2:
In that case, Elvis must have an awful lot of relatives!!! :crazy2:
cactuspete
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:13 am

cactuspete wrote:
surfsteve wrote:What ever you say.

So are you suggesting that anyone who looks like someone else must be a blood relative? :up2:
In that case, Elvis must have an awful lot of relatives!!! :crazy2:

No. Not just anyone. That's exactly my point. None of those guys in your picture look like they are related to Elvis but these pictures make Obama look like he is related to Malcom X.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Look at the bright side. At least it would make him a natural born American citizen!
surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Postby wildrose » Wed May 30, 2012 7:14 am

Epic Birther Rant By Donald Trump
Trump is such an idiot! In fact, he's such an idiot that he actually believes that other people consider him to be intelligent!
:laughingx2:
Conspiracy theories regarding Obama's birth are so far-fetched that it's hard to believe that people who believe in them are actually capable of dressing themselves in the morning. Just goes to show you that it's possible to be socially competent and capable of running a business, but to have the intellectual capacity of a pea!
:rolleyes2:
wildrose
Backcountry Hiker

Postby pcslim » Wed May 30, 2012 7:59 am

wildrose wrote:Epic Birther Rant By Donald Trump
Trump is such an idiot! In fact, he's such an idiot that he actually believes that other people consider him to be intelligent!
:laughingx2:
Conspiracy theories regarding Obama's birth are so far-fetched that it's hard to believe that people who believe in them are actually capable of dressing themselves in the morning. Just goes to show you that it's possible to be socially competent and capable of running a business, but to have the intellectual capacity of a pea!
:rolleyes2:

Trump epitomizes everything that is bad about the USA. Okay, not everything, but an awful lot of what is wrong with the USA is personified by this apparently human being!
:wall:
Anyone who seriously questions anything regarding Obama's birth should just walk around with one of these shirts on:
pcslim
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Wed May 30, 2012 2:50 pm

surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Postby cactusoid » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:59 am

pcslim wrote:Anyone who seriously questions anything regarding Obama's birth should just walk around with one of these shirts on:

surfsteve wrote:Image

So does this mean that the person in the second photo cut off his/her own head, thus eliminating STUPID?
bouncer
cactusoid
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby surfsteve » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:45 am

No but if you think that you probably are stupid.
Perhaps someone is trying to say that anyone that thinks these two might be related is stupid. Or maybe they just don't realise what the thread was about and they are trying to say something about Donald Trump.

I couldn't find one of those deaf dumb and blind tee shirts but this one will do.
I still can't figure out why it comes up when I do a search for deaf dumb and blind tee shirt... go figure!
surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Previous

Return to World News