Odd News Items From Around The World

If it's happening outside of North America and you want to talk about it, this is the place!

Odd News Items From Around The World

Postby shadylady » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:26 am

Here's an odd news report from China: :wtf:
Police in northern China were shocked to discover 66 school children crammed into a minivan.
shadylady
Backcountry Hiker

Re: Odd News Items From Around The World

Postby wildrose » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:41 am

WOW! They packed those kids in there like little sardines! I wonder if the Guinness Book of World Records will be listing this as a record?
bouncer
wildrose
Backcountry Hiker

Postby MojaveMike » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:21 am

Family Gets Lost in Corn Maze, Calls 911
I'm pretty sure both parents were both wearing "Palin 2012" t-shirts!
:smack:
MojaveMike
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:40 am

Ben Jerry's Unveil Their Latest Flavor: Schweddy Balls Based On the Classic Alec Baldwin SNL Sketch
I know this is a little on the old side, but it's still pretty funny. :thumb:
shadylady
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:43 am

Sara Underwood Tries Schweddy Balls Ice Cream
The only thing better than Schweddy Balls is MORE Schweddy Balls!!! :laughingx2:
shadylady
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:48 am

Stores pull "Schweddy Balls" from shelves
Schweddy Balls banned in reaction to prudish nitwits who have no sense of humor! It's the same old "SAVE THE CHILDREN" crap that has become the mantra of idiots everywhere!
I want my Schweddy Balls!!!! :cry3:
shadylady
Backcountry Hiker

Postby cactuspete » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:45 am

Ben & Jerry’s Schweddy Balls Alternatives
More on the Schweddy Balls controversy! :dizzy:
While we at National Lampoon find the prospect of anyone asking for “Schweddy Balls” at the local Stop ‘n’ Shop to be utterly hilarious, we understand the hesitance of uptight people with no sense of humor who fear that their sons will become gay and their daughters testicle-hungry harlots by eating that damned liberal Vermont ice cream with the funny name. While they raise their fists in protest at the most troubling social ill of our times, they should know that things could’ve been worse. We’ve happened upon a list of flavors that Ben and Jerry’s decided not to release when they opted to put “Schweddy Balls” on that assembly line.

LINK: http://nationallampoon.com/articles/ben-jerrys-schweddy-balls-alternatives
cactuspete
Backcountry Hiker

Postby pcslim » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:55 am

FBI Report: Insane Clown Posse Fans Are on Par with Bloods and Crips :dizzy:
One of my relatives made me to listen to a couple songs by these guys a few years ago. I admit that the songs were pretty funny and so I figured they were just a comedy act, but apparently the FBI doesn't see it that way!
When you think of gangs, the Bloods, and the Crips quickly spring to mind. What about fans of the Insane Clown Posse? Well, the FBI's 2011 National Gang Threat Assessment has listed the so-called Juggalos as a "loosely-organized hybrid gang" that are "forming more organized subsets and engaging in more gang-like criminal activity." Yes, the FBI considers fans of the rap group Insane Clown Posse to represent a threat similar to the Aryan Brotherhood and Latin Kings. Here's hoping that the Insane Clown Posse subscribes to the notion that all publicity is good publicity.

LINK: http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/10/31/fbi-report-insane-clown-posse-fans-are-on-par-with-bloods-and-crips/
pcslim
Backcountry Hiker

Postby desertrat » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:19 am

16-Foot Python Killed in Everglades; Record-Sized Snake Had Just Eaten 76-Pound Deer
Apparently pythons like Florida! :hitsfan:
desertrat
Backcountry Hiker

Postby mrfish » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:52 am

pcslim wrote:FBI Report: Insane Clown Posse Fans Are on Par with Bloods and Crips :dizzy:
One of my relatives made me to listen to a couple songs by these guys a few years ago. I admit that the songs were pretty funny and so I figured they were just a comedy act, but apparently the FBI doesn't see it that way!
When you think of gangs, the Bloods, and the Crips quickly spring to mind. What about fans of the Insane Clown Posse? Well, the FBI's 2011 National Gang Threat Assessment has listed the so-called Juggalos as a "loosely-organized hybrid gang" that are "forming more organized subsets and engaging in more gang-like criminal activity." Yes, the FBI considers fans of the rap group Insane Clown Posse to represent a threat similar to the Aryan Brotherhood and Latin Kings. Here's hoping that the Insane Clown Posse subscribes to the notion that all publicity is good publicity.

LINK: http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/10/31/fbi-report-insane-clown-posse-fans-are-on-par-with-bloods-and-crips/

Here's another article on this "non-traditional" gang. :eek2:
Well, it's official. According to the FBI's National Gang Threat Assessment for 2011, Juggalos -- those loud-mouthed, clown-faced, Insane Clown Posse-loving idiots -- are a real live gang. They're listed as a "Non-Traditional" gang on the Contents page, but they're a gang nonetheless. And if you read this thing, the FBI is clearly genuinely concerned about the crimes this moronic team of face-painters are committing around the country.

LINK: http://blogs.sfweekly.com/shookdown/2011/11/fbi_classifies_juggalos_as_a_g.php
mrfish
Backcountry Hiker

Postby pcslim » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:26 am

NCBI ROFL: A scientific analysis of 400 YouTube videos of dogs chasing their tails.
Interesting? Odd? Oddly interesting? YouTube potentially represents a goldmine of data just waiting to be analyzed!
Approximately one third of tail-chasing dogs showed clinical signs, including habitual (daily or ‘all the time’) or perseverative (difficult to distract) performance of the behaviour. These signs were observed across diverse breeds. Clinical signs appeared virtually unrecognised by the video owners and commenting viewers; laughter was recorded in 55% of videos, encouragement in 43%, and the commonest viewer descriptors were that the behaviour was ‘funny’ (46%) or ‘cute’ (42%). Habitual tail-chasers had 6.5+/−2.3 times the odds of being described as ‘Stupid’ than other dogs, and perseverative dogs were 6.8+/−2.1 times more frequently described as ‘Funny’ than distractible ones were. Compared with breed- and age-matched control videos, tail-chasing videos were significantly more often indoors and with a computer/television screen switched on.

LINK: http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/discoblog/2011/11/11/ncbi-rofl-a-scientific-analysis-of-400-youtube-videos-of-dogs-chasing-their-tails/
pcslim
Backcountry Hiker

Postby cactuspete » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:00 am

Sex On Water-Slide Gets Exhibitionist Couple Ejected From Polish Water Park
In sane countries they are simply ejected from the park to the amused applause of onlookers. In insane countries they are arrested, put on trial, and forced to register as sex offenders.
Apparently the park’s CCTV system recorded the woman climbing on top of her lover and getting busy for about five minutes before the pair took off down the covered slide—which you can bet will now and forever after be called the Tunnel of Love by park employees. Since water parks are generally considered family friendly attractions, the couple’s actions were not met with much humor by park security. A spokesperson for the park explained, “This is a family pool and water park and we want everyone to have fun, but not that sort of fun.”

LINK: http://socialhype.com/offbeat/sex-on-water-slide-gets-exhibitionist-couple-ejected-from-polish-water-park/
cactuspete
Backcountry Hiker

Next

Return to World News