Pastor Terry Jones

If it's happening outside of North America and you want to talk about it, this is the place!

Re: Pastor Terry Jones

Postby Anonymizer » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:28 pm

wildrose wrote:I'm completely against any legal sanctions being taken against this Jones character. Although it was predictable that burning Qur'ans would cause an uproar and possibly violence, what he did was in no way illegal. I'm completely against any kind of legal tactic that would punish him for exercising his free speech rights. That would have a chilling effect on the rights of all of us. I'm for public condemnation of his act by individuals through the exercise of their own free speech rights. I'm for intelligent discussion of all the related topics. But I'm completely against doing anything that would in any way reduce or nullify freedom of speech in the USA.

Ultimately the blame needs to go to those responsible for the actual violence. It's not like the idiots who committed the violent acts are puppets controlled by Jones. They allowed themselves to become angry over something of utterly no real significance and then they allowed their anger to get out of control to the point where they harmed other people. There is no excuse for that kind of behavior and it's ridiculous to assert that Jones is responsible for the behavior of idiots. It may well be that Jones is also an idiot, but he's an idiot of an entirely different kind.
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:15 am

Bill Maher On UN Murders: Islam Is Only Religion That Kills When You Disagree With Them
The proper attribution of responsibility is essential if we are to truly understand what's going on here. Making excuses for and protecting certain groups from taking proper responsibility for their behavior is a surefire way to make sure that the problem is never solved.
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:53 am

More Fun With Terry :smack:
This idiot is at it again. I wonder if he's part pyromaniac...
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:28 pm

I'm calling my insurance guy. I want to take out a life insurance policy on Terry Jones. I feel lucky!!! :alien:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:04 am

James Sel wrote:I'm calling my insurance guy. I want to take out a life insurance policy on Terry Jones. I feel lucky!!! :alien:

I like the odds on that bet. In fact, that sounds more like an investment than any kind of a gamble! :yup:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Previous

Return to World News