Stupid Wars

If it's happening outside of North America and you want to talk about it, this is the place!

Re: Stupid Wars

Postby Anonymizer » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:53 am

Obama- U.S. Had 'Unique Ability' to Stop Libya Violence
Hopefully the limited military intervention stays limited and hopefully it actually helped improve the situation over there. It seems like the military is getting spread out a little too thinly...
:puzzled2:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:56 am

RON PAUL & DENNIS KUCINICH ON PRESIDENTIAL WAR POWERS
Congress is doing nothing to stop the imperial presidency. Obama isn't the first president to unilaterally launch military attacks, but that doesn't mean that Congress should just allow this unconstitutional practice to continue!
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:00 am

Is America Addicted to War?
Is the USA the bully of the rest of the world or does this country really intercede in the affairs of other countries for good reason? I'm afraid that I must conclude that we act more like a bully than anything else.
The United States started out as 13 small and vulnerable colonies clinging to the east coast of North America. Over the next century, those original 13 states expanded all the way across the continent, subjugating or exterminating the native population and wresting Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California from Mexico. It fought a bitter civil war, acquired a modest set of overseas colonies, and came late to both world wars. But since becoming a great power around 1900, it has fought nearly a dozen genuine wars and engaged in countless military interventions.

Yet Americans think of themselves as a peace-loving people, and we certainly don't regard our country as a "warrior nation" or "garrison state." Teddy Roosevelt was probably the last U.S. president who seemed to view war as an activity to be welcomed (he once remarked that "A just war is in the long run far better for a man's soul than the most prosperous peace"), and subsequent presidents always portray themselves as going to war with great reluctance, and only as a last resort.

LINK: http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2011/04/04/is_america_addicted_to_war
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:20 am

Our country has been taken over by an oligarchy that cares not about it's people or the rest of the world.
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:01 am

Just found this.

John Pilger - The War You Don't See.
Famed journalist and filmmaker John Pilger is in the States to research his new documentary THE WAR YOU DON'T SEE, about the real stories that the mainstream media isn't telling You The People.

Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Sun May 01, 2011 7:45 pm

Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu May 05, 2011 6:41 am

Justice!
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu May 05, 2011 6:58 am

I located a copy of the same video I posted a few days ago all in one segment.
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu May 26, 2011 11:12 am

Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu May 26, 2011 3:51 pm

As far as stupid wars go I'm getting ready for the next one. The leaders are setting the stage for a show down with Israel leading and there allies against Iran right now, right before our eyes. They want to start a war to prevent a nuclear war with Iran in the near future. And the time is now. That's what I got out of it.
I think that English or maybe French special forces will take out Gaddafi: showing that the USA isn't the only one capable of running special missions. I see a show of western nations propaganda attempting to show unity and power as they prepare remake the Middle East. Obama in England, That Yahoo in our congress "Again". ....more than just a chess game going on here. I heard the Obama's speech I'd like to summarize it: " To the people of Iran freedom is worth dieing for just like our civil war. If the people of Iran want to over through their government the time is now we got your back this time. So why not just try it again."
Steve your last posted video shows many truths. With that in mind I'd like to say "western corporations :diablo: have there eye's on the great wealth and resources in the middle east and plan on moving in one way or another" :bomb:
I'm a US Navy Vet 1987-1991 (MS2) and I took the same oath too. I can totally relate to what the Vets are talking about in the Vid. I haven't for gotten Obama's promise at the beginning of the video either.
...and Yes!

WAR "IS" HELL!!! :dead:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby wildrose » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:40 am

When Will These "Nation-Building Idiot Leaders" Of Ours Realize You Cannot Force Democracy On Anyone
Great comment about the Military-Industrial Complex at the end of this news segment!
:sunshine:
wildrose
Backcountry Hiker

Postby cactuspete » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:36 am

100% Scared: How the National Security Complex Grows on Terrorism Fears
Our expectations for safety have increased in all the areas listed below, however. Just take the case of car crashes. It wasn't that many years ago that there were no seat belt laws and it used to be that passengers could ride in the back of pickups. Not any more! I think the government keeps us safer than we really want to be sometimes! It's kind of like the frog placed in a pan of cool water that gradually gets heated on a stove. At some point the water gets too hot and unless the frog gets the heck out of there, then the frog dies...
Americans don't expect 100% safety from illness, car crashes, or even shark attacks. But our obsession with 100% safety from terrorism is fueling the military-industrial complex.

LINK: http://www.alternet.org/food/151255/100_scared%3A_how_the_national_security_complex_grows_on_terrorism_fears_/
cactuspete
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to World News