SurfSteve's Informational Links

If it's happening outside of North America and you want to talk about it, this is the place!

Re: Collapse

Postby surfsteve » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:22 pm

Interesting. I am watching one of the reply videos from your own source that debunks your own video. Also very few of the comments in your video support it. Did I mention the science does not support your video nor to many architects, engineers and physics professors.
surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Postby James Sel » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:41 pm

Not my video, not my research. The source it is kinda random more than research. All I had to do was type in the words Debunk Conspiracy and lots of junk comes up. If you want to argue the points; talk to the guy that posted it. I also found plenty when searching YT conspiracy theory. What did you expect a clown video ...........OK search "clowns".
[youtube]Never mind[/youtub]
..seems you can find plenty to support or debunk what ever one wants to attach to on the net.

.....A little about where my points of view origination. My little brother Ed whom as a minor(not legal contract age) signed an application for a SSN he was 12 or 13 . About the same time he moved out of my fathers home and moved in to his Dodge Dart. During those years he became friends with a man named "Phil". He was proud of his new friend whom taught him how a non-tax payer (as far as income tax)and a patriot. Phil was on the Barbra Walters show being interviewed on how to become a "non-Tax payer" back in the 80's. She interviewed him because he was teaching and preaching how you to could become a non-tax payer. (it took a few years for the IRS unconstitutional court to finally charge Phil with something that would stick. During the his appeal process Phil died in prison after a couple of years. He was 70+ yrs old).
Back to Ed. Ed considers himself a non-tax payer. He does not and has not paid income tax since he was a minor. Born in Glendale CA he claims that you can't prove that he is a citizen of the USA. Ed claims to be a California Nationalist born on the land in CA. He used to be mailed stuff from the IRS addressed to Eddie Sel. He would never open it cause cause he is not an Eddie and he claims he doesn't know an Eddie and felt it would be a crime to open someone else's mail.
Ed also has been preaching conspiracy theory to me since 1988 I listened to the theories, I've heard both BS and truth from the conspiracy theorist. I concluded: There are plenty of people ready to pick up there p-forks & shovels for the cause that they use to blame all there short falls, failures and anger. The early strategy of the theorists was to invoke anger and shock in people to get them to listen to the theories. Part of the strategy was to 'educate' people about what was going on in the fed gov. Things that were often sometimes true but interpreted to fit their theories. The pattern often started with lots of simple eyeopening truths to gain confidence and to start to boil your blood. Then the misinterpretation of the facts would start followed by rants :mad002: and poorly concluded truths. They have evolve the deliver of their theories somewhat but it's still the same.
Then there is another brother "Mike" . Now Mike is a legion in his own mine :prof: and is often called a walking Encyclopedia he is just full of info. Mike has been obsessed with the theories and reads everything about them to say the least. IMO both Mike and Ed have wasted there lives in the theories. I have learned from them and challenged them. They both adamantly believe what the claim to know about gov conspiracies. I think they are out of balance believing whatever logically supports their "Conspiracy flushing out Life Style". They have been consumed for 25 yrs or more!! ..........I try not to talk politics with them anymore unless I'm looking for entertainment. Mike and Ed woke me up years ago. I got tired so I'm taking a nap and living in my Bliss.
I'm Just Say'en
James Sel
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:04 am

Joseph Campbell didn't get his bliss from ignorance. He got it by using his mind to follow his heart.
surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Postby James Sel » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:22 am

surfsteve wrote:Joseph Campbell didn't get his bliss from ignorance. He got it by using his mind to follow his heart.

yes and so have I.
I'm Just Say'en
James Sel
Backcountry Hiker

Exactly How Big Is This So-Called Al Qaeda?

Postby surfsteve » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:12 am

People keep talking about which country we should be getting out of, or, how many more countries we should get into to fight against terrorist Al Qaeda. No one is asking what Al Qaeda is or who really these supposed Al Qaeda terrorists are.

By Sibel Edmonds

For almost 10 years we have been engaged in a massive and many-fronted war advertised as a war on terror-war on Al Qaeda. Recent reports put the total cost to America of this war on terror at around $3 trillion. This is not counting un-countable covert operations with secret budgets, and it does not include the war in Libya or covert wars elsewhere.

For the last 10 years of the Cold War, the period of our heightened expenditures against a war marketed as a war against communism, we reportedly spent slightly under $3 trillion.

For a moment let’s forget about the exaggerated and sometimes dubious Soviet threats that were being sold to our nation during the Cold-War, and assume all of them legitimate and warranted. Okay?

We had the Soviet military with over 5 million men. We were dealing with Long-Range Ballistic Missile capabilities. We had an empire with a declared arsenal of 39,967 tons of chemical weapons. We were faced with massive nuclear arsenals and warheads, sophisticated fighter aircraft, tanks… All that, and of course the added fear propaganda and jazzed up other threats to go with it. My point here is not how scary an adversary the USSR was to the United States. Here is what I want you to do:

Take into perspective and compare the size, budget, militaristic and technological capabilities, and the vast power of our former adversary, the USSR, to the current alleged terrorist adversary, Al Qaeda, whom we have supposedly been fighting for ten years.

Let’s first begin by engaging in a rational process of elimination, and take out the wars and targets that are not related to the 9/11 terrorists, the supposed Al-Qaeda. That will take out Iraq and Saddam Hussein, and also Libya and Gaddafi.

Next, we should take out Afghanistan as a terrorist nation state. Afghanistan has been under our occupation for almost ten years, and we have our puppet government installed there, and when it comes down to it, the Taliban does not equate to Al-Qaeda, it never did. The Taliban did not exercise terrorism in the United States or its Global territories.

We must also remove Pakistan as a terrorist country, thus a nation state target. If you remember, neither the quasi 9/11 Congressional Inquiry nor the quasi 9/11 Commission Report ever declared the Pakistani government/nation as terrorists or an Al-Qaeda member. Let us go with their official judgment. After all, haven’t we been giving Pakistan billions of dollars in US aid since 9/11 and continuing to date? Wouldn’t it be ridiculous to on one hand categorize our drone war there as war against Pakistan as a member of the Al-Qaeda terrorist network, and on the other hand support and finance them? Exactly; that eliminates Pakistan as an Al-Qaeda nation-government. Are you with me so far? What does this leave us with?

Our war on Al-Qaeda terror does not include a single nation state or organized state military. No military infrastructure or headquarters. No trained army-navy-air force. No tanks, warplanes, nuclear warheads, drones. No intelligence institutions or landmarks. No communication satellites. No technology. No borders. No GDP…

The supposed Al Qaeda’s top leadership was declared by our government to be Osama Bin Laden, aka Al Qaeda Commander in Chief; a sickly old man who was hooked to a dialysis machine; who supposedly lived and hid in caves, and later, in a mud house located in a remote third world village with chickens and goats. A man who sustained himself and his family by periodically selling his wives jewelry or bartering milk from his goats for occasional lamb chops. All this according to our own government; coming out in bits and pieces, and of course, sometimes in a totally contradictory fashion.

The supposed Al-Qaeda network’s communication and intelligence sharing infrastructure, according to our government, was kept very simple to evade our trillion-dollar intelligence institutions. The Al-Qaeda commander-in-Chief wrote down notes and instructions. He then waited for the courier to come and pick it up. The old man courier would hop on a donkey and travel from a bigger town to the Commander-in-Chief’s mud house in a third world village. This sometimes took several days. He’d take the note, then hop on his donkey, and go back to the town where he’d meet another intermediary courier. The intermediary courier would take the note to a nondescript little house, climb up to the roof where he kept trained courier pigeons and hawks, and based on the importance of the communication given to him, he’d either choose a hawk or pigeon to send the intelligence to the next courier.
surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Re: Exactly How Big Is This So-Called Al Qaeda?

Postby surfsteve » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:12 am

continued:
The next one used couriers who traveled to the remote deserts by camels, and so on and so forth.

How about the sophistication of weapons-methods used by our target terrorists, the ominous Al Qaeda? We are talking about a dozen or so pocket knives priced at approximately $4 a piece (probably made in China), and of course if bought in bulk, for a total under $40. That for the supposed execution of the massive terror plot over here, in the world’s super power nation. As for other worldwide terror incidents that have been placed under the ‘Al Qaeda Track Record,’ we are talking about rudimentary bomb-making ability paired up with ultra simple bombs created by ingredients such as fertilizer; we are talking a few loads of cow dung here; literally, that is.

What about the size of the manpower these terrorists, Al-Qaeda, possess? Interestingly no one in our government has ever touched upon any scientific or even commonsensical estimate as to the number of active-combative Al-Qaeda terrorists. Instead, our government, through their stenographers in the media and their marketing arm in the Hollywood filmmaking industry, has succeeded in forming this public perception of a massive number of boogieman-Al Qaeda-terrorists out there who are actively and constantly planning and executing terror plots against the West. Thus, to get a certain level of rational perception we must look at some factual indicators:

We have had this $3 trillion ‘War on Al Qaeda Terror’ for the last 10 years with nearly a quarter million military members, thousands and thousands of intelligence operatives and analysts, highly sophisticated and gigantic intelligence gathering tools (Think NSA, satellite technologies, wiretaps, spooks and snitches), mega rewards for turning in Al-Qaeda members …You’d think in ten years of these constant war and intelligence gathering operations we’d have tens of thousands of captured Al-Qaeda terrorists in our jails here and abroad. No?

Interestingly ‘No.’ Let’s take a look at the mother of all our captive top Al Qaeda terrorists detention center; Guantanamo Bay:

Since October 7, 2001, when began the war in Afghanistan, 775 detainees have been brought to Guantanamo. Of these, most have been released without charge or transferred to facilities in their home countries. The Department of Defense often referred to these prisoners as the “worst of the worst”, but a 2003 memo by then Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld says, “We need to stop populating Guantanamo Bay (GTMO) with low-level enemy combatants … GTMO needs to serve as an [redacted] not a prison for Afghanistan.”

Currently we have less than 200 detainees at Guantanamo most of whom have not been proven guilty of being ‘Al Qaeda terrorists.’ Let’s be even more generous and count in those detained in other US military prisons like Bagram. Again, we are looking at 500 or so prisoners none of whom having ever been charged; none of whom legally found to be an Al Qaeda terrorist.

Now please put all these facts in perspective: Ten long years of continuous wars, trillions of dollars, 250,000 military personnel, trillions of dollars worth of intelligence gathering institutions and capabilities, millions of dollars set in rewards for Al Qaeda terrorists, and a supposed network with supposed Al Qaeda active terrorist members in very large numbers. Yet we have less than 1000 detained who have been accused of being Al Qaeda terrorists, and none ever proven to be an active Al Qaeda terrorist member.

Does this make sense to you? Does it make sense as far as the trillions of dollars you have been made to pay for this? What are we talking about here? A massive never-ending war against a fantastical network of technologically and militaristically dwarfed terrorists whose proven guilty members we haven’t been able to catch or kill.

Everyone is busy arguing whether we should cut or add a few billion dollars to the several trillion dollars war on Al Qaeda. People keep talking about which country we should be getting out of, or, how many more countries we should get into to fight against terrorist Al Qaeda. No one is asking what Al Qaeda is or who really these supposed Al Qaeda terrorists are. The question that never seems to come up is exactly how big is this Al Qaeda we are spending trillions of dollars and thousands of lives fighting against. I mean no one.
Linlk: http://www.opinion-maker.org/2011/08/ex ... -al-qaeda/
surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Why is the Government Driving Folks off Their Land?

Postby surfsteve » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:07 am

The Antelope Valley is a vast patch of desert on the outskirts of Los Angeles County, and a segment of the few rugged individualists who live out there increasingly are finding themselves the targets of armed raids from local code enforcement agents, who've assembled into task forces called Nuisance Abatement Teams (NATs).

The plight of the Valley's desert dwellers made regional headlines when county officials ordered the destruction of Phonehenge: a towering, colorful castle constructed out of telephone poles by retired phone technician Kim Fahey. Fahey was imprisoned and charged with several misdemeanors.

But Fahey is just one of many who've been targeted by the NATs, which were assembled at the request of County Supervisor Mike Antonovich in 2006. LA Weekly reporter Mars Melnicoff wrote an in-depth article in which she exposed the county's tactic of badgering residents with minor, but costly, code violations until they face little choice but to vacate the land altogether.

"They're picking on the the people who are the most defenseless and have the least resources," says Melnicoff.

Reason.tv collaborated with Melnicoff to talk with some of the NAT's targets, such as retired veteran Joey Gallo, who might face homelessness if he's forced to leave his house, and local pastor Oscar Castaneda, who says he's already given up the fight and is in the process of moving off the land he and his wife have lived on for 22 years. And, while Antonovich declined an interview, we did catch up with him at a public meeting in order to ask the big question at the center of all this: Why the sudden enforcement of these codes against people living in the middle of the desert, who seemingly are affecting no one?
Is history repeating, but with even more help from possibly corrupt government than before?

Anyone remember the HISTORY of railroad robber-barons in the "Old West"? They used questionable (sometimes violent) methods to devalue land and chase-off landowners

Their INSIDER knowledge enabled them to acquire ranches/farms at dirt-cheap prices BEFORE the railroad came through. Then when the secret route of the railroad finally is made public they make a killing due to the skyrocketing land prices
surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Bozo's on the Bus Back to the Future!

Postby surfsteve » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:37 pm

This is a truly weird and possibly the ultimate satire of mankind's knowledge, accomplishments and politics.

surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Jeb Corliss - Grinding The Crack (Bat Man)

Postby surfsteve » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:37 am

surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Why do I get dangerous radiation readings from CFL Bulbs?

Postby surfsteve » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:41 am

Does anybody know why I am getting such high radiation reading on my Geiger counter from compact fluorescent light bulbs?
surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Re: Why do I get dangerous radiation readings from CFL Bulbs

Postby James Sel » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:36 pm

I give up, :conf003: why?
I'm Just Say'en
James Sel
Backcountry Hiker

Re: Why do I get dangerous radiation readings from CFL Bulbs

Postby surfsteve » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:29 am

You give up far too easily my friend. I honestly don't know why.

At this point all I can do is guess.

CFL's contain mercury. Mercury is poisonous. Seems like kind of a no brainer that shining a light through something poisonous might produce light that is poisonous in some manner as well. There was a guy named Rife who was destroyed by the AMA for proclaiming to cure any disease including cancer by modulating the frequency coming through a certain kind of light. It is said that much of his work has been destroyed. There is also the obvious. That there might be a problem with disposing of toxic mercury. When I was a kid I always thought that someone in charge studied and tested this stuff before they put it out but history shows governments have a funny way of doing things when politics become in charge of common sense.

As to why they only set my Geiger off when I get extremely close I have no idea. If I had to grasp at straws perhaps it's because the planet Mercury is extremely close to the sun and that maybe there really is something to the ancient theory that certain planets correspond to certain metals. I wish I could find a practical scientific reason as to why. But for now? I don't know. Maybe it's just a glitch in my tester...
surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to World News