SurfSteve's Informational Links

If it's happening outside of North America and you want to talk about it, this is the place!

Trona Public Library Still Has no public WIFI?

Postby Anonymizer » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:36 am

When I was in Arizona pretty much every library had internet and anyone with a laptop can just drive to the parking lot and use the internet from their car even after hours and on weekends. The only exception I found was the library in Phoenix where you had to actually go inside and get the daily code to log in but even that wasn't reset till the following day so you could still use the internet after hours as long as you had the code.

I remember my first day I tried to log on in the library in Trona's parking lot only to find there was no internet. The next day when I went inside I was told that there is no public WIFI available and even if you log in with one of Trona Library's own computers you can not download any applications which I have always been able to do at pretty much any library except Trona. I haven't tried any other library's so I am unfamiliar as to if this is a problem only in Trona or if it is county or state wide. I've also had my own internet and haven't needed to log in but I doubt things have changed. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Also one of my friends said that there was a moratorium on internet in Trona and no new internet connections are being given. Frankly I find that hard to believe. Especially in this day in age when even the most remote villages in Africa have internet. It's as if someone is intentionally trying to keep us all stupid and in the dark. Please somebody prove me wrong on this one. This can't be happening.
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Re: Trona Public Library Still Has no public WIFI?

Postby Anonymizer » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:44 am

Publicly available WiFi would be great. Not only would it help travelers who want to check their email, but it would be a fantastic service to those living in the community. I read your other post about the sewer fees and noticed someone mentioning the MAC meetings. Maybe this is another issue that could be addressed at a MAC meeting. Hopefully the people at the MAC meetings are NOT technophobes who will see publicly available WiFi to be some kind of threat. On the other hand, if you have a Verizon phone and web access plan, you can get the internet on your smart phone. Of course, it'll cost you more than it's worth, but Verizon seems to be convinced that everyone is a millionaire! I think that's what the county thinks when it sets the sewer fees too, BTW.
:angry:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Agenda 21 and Trona

Postby Anonymizer » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:19 am

Is Agenda 21 real? If so how is it being implemented in Trona?
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Re: Agenda 21 and Trona

Postby Anonymizer » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:34 am

yes! the feds are coming to your home next
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:16 am

What is AGENDA 21?
I had to look this one up! I wonder if all the closures of dirt roads in the Death Valley area have anything to do with this. Way too many roads were closed down and this video mentions access to wilderness areas specifically!
:puzzled2:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:12 am

:bubble:
Hate to burst your conspiracy theory bubble, but most of the stuff recommended by this Agenda 21 thing would have happened (and will happen) whether or not a group of influential people got together and came up with the list of ideas and recommendations. Most of it is just common sense. There are some extremists that could take these ideas to some kind of ridiculous extreme, but exercised in moderation most of the recommendations included in this Agenda 21 thing are things we should be doing anyways! I've heard the conspiracy theory nuts talking about plans for depopulation and that sort of thing, but these people really need to come out from under their rocks!
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:20 pm

When you say conspiracy nuts do you mean virtually everyone that comes up under a google search of "agenda 21" besides the first three links? "Cause that's pretty much what it looks like to me.
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:25 am

Susan Lindauer was the woman that tried to warn about 9-11. Instead of being a hero she was jailed under the patriot act as a terrorist:
Barrett
I understand that you had some 9/11 foreknowledge, but were actually busted for trying to explain to the Bush Administration through your cousin Andrew Card, that invading Iraq was insane, that the Iraqis were basically going to do anything we wanted anyway–they’ll agree to anything for peace–and that there would be a terrible resistance and a terrible war if there was an invasion. And for that very accurate and prescient warning, they went after you.

Lindauer
Well, you have a very good grasp of this issue, I will tell you. It is a complicated story. I was one of the very few (CIA) assets covering Iraq before the war. And I had established contact with the Iraqi embassy at the United Nations in New York back in August of 1996. And for seven years before the invasion, I was what they call a “back channel” to Iraq on the question of terrorism. That was my foremost priority. This was covert in the sense that it was covert to the West. But the Iraqis were fully informed as to who I was and what I was doing and what my purpose was. My motivation was that I hated the United Nations sanctions. I hated the genocidal consequences and suffering for the Iraqi people, most truly and genuinely–that was very sincere. And they knew it. And both sides knew my politics. In fact, the CIA had come to me knowing my politics and said “hey, why don’t you try to help us.” They co-opted me–they did–but I agreed to be co-opted. We all understood each other. And that’s very important for what happened.

Barrett
That’s not necessarily a bad thing. There is a role for people who are intermediaries between warring parties and who try to make peace. And it sounds like that’s what you were doing.

Lindauer
Yes indeed. And both sides understood my politics, that I wanted to help end the sanctions. And the CIA was very adamant that Iraq had to meet certain criteria in order for that to happen. And my contribution from the very first days was on terrorism. Our team started what we called preliminary talks with Baghdad in November of 2000, two years before the United Nations got involved. Our team started back channel talks to get Iraq’s agreement on the weapons inspections. And over the next fifteen months, my supervisor, Richard Fuisz (pronounced “fuse”), through talks at the Iraqi embassy, mostly with Iraq’s ambassador Dr. Sayeed Hassan, and with other senior Iraqi diplomats, on what conditions Iraq would have to accept in order to resume the weapons inspections. And at that point we had begun to develop a comprehensive peace framework which extended great support to anti-terrorism. Iraq agreed to let the FBI come into Baghdad and operate a task force that would have authority–this was before 9/11 ever happened! Nine months before 9/11 happened, Iraq agreed to have the FBI come into Baghdad with the authority to conduct terrorism investigations, interview witnesses, make arrests. After 9/11, Iraq agreed to give financial records on al-Qaeda to the United States. BUT the United states didn’t want to take the records.

Barrett
It makes you wonder why not.

Lindauer
Isn’t that an interesting question.

Barrett
It leads me to (my next question): You apparently had some kind of foreknowledge of 9/11. Can you explain to us what that was?

Lindauer
Yes. This is a very interesting thing, and I’m glad…I hope your audience will pay attention to this. We absolutely expected 9/11 to happen. And there’s a subtlety here that I hope your audience will appreciate. In April and May of 2001 I was summoned to my CIAhandler ’s office and told that I needed to confront the Iraqi diplomats at the United Nations, through my back channel, with a demand for any fragment of intelligence regarding airplane hijackings and/or airplane bombings. And over the summer, that progressed to a deep belief that there was going to be an airplane hijacking attack, and some sort of aerial strike, on the World Trade Center. We talked about this in our one-on-one meetings practically every week. Just so we are clear, this was not a one-time conversation. This was a major focus of our efforts. Richard (Fuisz, Lindauer’s CIAhandler ) was very worried about it, very agitated about it, how Iraq must give us this intelligence. Now, I don’t mean to patronize you, but I’m sure you’re familiar with the concept of deniability. I do not think that Richard Fuisz knew all the details of 9/11. However, he knew enough. My book Extreme Prejudice goes into the conversations that we had in great detail. And he knew the timing of the attack. By August 2001, Richard was telling me not to go into New York City because this attack was immanent.
source: http://beforeitsnews.com/story/350/199/ ... _Iraq.html
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:28 am

Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Are David and Bradley Manning Related?

Postby Anonymizer » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:56 am

I was wondering if anybody knew if these two are related.
David Manning
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Manning
and Bradley Manning. It sure looks like it from their photos.
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Re: Trona Public Library Still Has no public WIFI?

Postby Anonymizer » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:18 am

Hackers use hidden device to manipulate news at Wi-Fi hotspots
Corrupted news and it's not even The Onion! :funny:
What if you are reading the news and some startling and almost unbelievable headline caught your eye such as "U.S. wants Assange as head of Defense Department"? That would surely be something worth sharing on Facebook or tweeting about? But after you share it, people quickly reply to let you know the headline says no such thing. Yet you can clearly see that it does, so what gives? If you happened to be reading the news at a Wi-Fi hotspot, chances are that you've been had by Newstweek.

LINK: http://blogs.computerworld.com/17820/hackers_use_hidden_device_to_manipulate_news_at_wi_fi_hotspots
ALSO: http://newstweek.com/
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Tribute to BP. For making our beaches safe for industry!

Postby Anonymizer » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:14 am

Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Next

Return to World News