Michelles flag comment. Are you a left or right lip reader?

This forum is dedicated to news outside the Trona Zone, but within the borders of the USA, but Canada and Mexico can fit here too.

Michelles flag comment. Are you a left or right lip reader?

Postby surfsteve » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:42 pm

Seems like the comments vary on what she said from "all this for a damn flag" to "isn't that a pretty way to fold a flag"

Here's the video. What do you think she said?

surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Re: Michelles flag comment. Are you a left or right lip read

Postby MRGREEN » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:09 pm

And people who aren't freaking RETARDED are saying, "Who the f*ck cares!"
:smack:
MRGREEN
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:51 am

Are you saying that me and anybody that cares whether or not our first "lady" said "all this for a damn flag" or not, or whether the president nodded in agreement with her is retarded? It sounds like you secretly actually hate Americans and freedom their flag stands for.
surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Postby desertrat » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:03 am

surfsteve wrote:Are you saying that me and anybody that cares whether or not our first "lady" said "all this for a damn flag" or not, or whether the president nodded in agreement with her is retarded? It sounds like you secretly actually hate Americans and freedom their flag stands for.

MRGREEN wrote:And people who aren't freaking RETARDED are saying, "Who the f*ck cares!"

Ultimately the flag is nothing more than a decorated dish rag. It's not worth getting all excited over. I gotta go with MrGreen on this one. It might not have been NICE to use the r-word, but he makes a good point. People who fall all over themselves to find an excuse to be outraged need to wake up and realize that there are plenty of legitimate reasons to be outraged over real problems.
desertrat
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:10 am

desertrat wrote:
surfsteve wrote:Are you saying that me and anybody that cares whether or not our first "lady" said "all this for a damn flag" or not, or whether the president nodded in agreement with her is retarded? It sounds like you secretly actually hate Americans and freedom their flag stands for.

MRGREEN wrote:And people who aren't freaking RETARDED are saying, "Who the f*ck cares!"

Ultimately the flag is nothing more than a decorated dish rag. It's not worth getting all excited over. I gotta go with MrGreen on this one. It might not have been NICE to use the r-word, but he makes a good point. People who fall all over themselves to find an excuse to be outraged need to wake up and realize that there are plenty of legitimate reasons to be outraged over real problems.

You mean Republican?
Not anymore George!
How does my hair look
How dare you call my new outfit a glorified dish rag!
Perhaps you were right after all dessert rat.
The End!
surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:26 am

desertrat wrote:

Who really cares what Ms. Obama had to say one way or the other? Well, I guess, inquiring minds want to know! :smack:
As for the flag: It's a SYMBOL and symbols are not worth fighting over or arguing about. It's just a piece of cloth and that's about it. However, it does appear that people who don't like Obama are all over this one. It's kind of like vultures fighting over a scrap. There's really nothing worth making a big fuss over, but they're so desperate to find some dirt on Obama that they just blow things way out of proportion. As for the suggestion that Obama is anything other than a HUGE improvement over Bush, it's hard for me to imagine how someone could twist things around like that!
shadylady
Backcountry Hiker

Postby wildrose » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:10 am

shadylady wrote:
desertrat wrote:

Who really cares what Ms. Obama had to say one way or the other? Well, I guess, inquiring minds want to know! :smack:
As for the flag: It's a SYMBOL and symbols are not worth fighting over or arguing about. It's just a piece of cloth and that's about it. However, it does appear that people who don't like Obama are all over this one. It's kind of like vultures fighting over a scrap. There's really nothing worth making a big fuss over, but they're so desperate to find some dirt on Obama that they just blow things way out of proportion. As for the suggestion that Obama is anything other than a HUGE improvement over Bush, it's hard for me to imagine how someone could twist things around like that!

It does seem like the Obama-haters are really going out of their way to find excuses to complain about Obama - especially on this one!
wildrose
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:18 am

shadylady wrote:
desertrat wrote:

If you want to get technical the President himself is just a symbol as is the flag. But it seems to me that you don't care for what the flag stands for and you do care what the president stands for. Even right down to his and the first lady's views on the flag it's self. I just don't get it. I show you videos of Obama lying and you practically accuse me of being a Bush supporter. How can anyone have their head so immersed in politics that they can not see what is happening? Do you understand what the Presidents are doing when they are bailing out the banks? They are promising that you and me (though I'm not so sure about you,) repay the banks because they got too greedy and made a staggering amount of loans to people they shouldn't have loaned money to with money they didn't really have to loan. In any other business you would go to jail for doing that but instead of the president sending them to jail he declares the public must repay the money to the banks instead. Would you care to explain to me how that is not illegal if not down right treason? Health care for everyone would be a great idea. But instead of socialized medicine we have socialized payments to insurance companies who after getting our money get to decide what you will get based on what they can make the rules to pay out. Not to mention it will be denying health care to the unemployed and very poor who are the people that need it most. They've shipped our manufacturing jobs at an increasing rate over seas and removed any legitimate way of repaying debt or sustaining ourselves. The only new jobs that seem to have been created and are doing well are either related to war or control of the population. I don't see how anyone can not see that our last two presidents have sold us down the river or ridicule me for supporting the ideals of Ron Paul or anybody else that cares for the people and not whoever will give them the most power and money! At least the flag and what it symbolizes represents something of value. The current talking puppet symbolizes nothing but greed and corruption and it even shows disrespect for the symbol it's people attribute to their freedom.
surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Return to National News