Sarah Palin’s War on Intelligence

This forum is dedicated to news outside the Trona Zone, but within the borders of the USA, but Canada and Mexico can fit here too.

Postby Anonymizer » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:50 am

I know that conservatives love to accuse liberals of "bashing" little ole Sarah Palin and her ilk, but come on when someone makes such obviously ignorant statements and gets handsomely rewarded for it, there's an awful lot of complaining to be expected. You can't make obviously false statements and not be expected to be taken to task for it. Moral relativism is one thing, but pretending that it's okay to invade defenseless foreign countries without provocation or justification flies in the face of sanity! The fact that Bush/Cheney were not put on trial and convicted of war crimes is beyond rational explanation. And yet we see Manning currently being held in solitary confinement for shining a light on war crimes and unethical behavior.
:mad002:
Sarah Palin is a shameless, jingoistic dingbat. Aggressive with her stupidity, she nevertheless is no more qualified than Howdy Doody to comment on U.S. politics and world affairs. Shame on anybody who attributes any positive value to the opinions of John McCain’s political Frankenstein monster. Shame on HarperCollins for processing through a celebrity author’s “book” packed full of junk and nonsense that nobody else would have been permitted to publish with HarperCollins. Shame on Sarah Palin for promulgating such droolingly idiotic horsefeathers.

LINK: http://www.politicususa.com/en/palin-intelligence
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Re: Sarah Palin’s War on Intelligence

Postby Anonymizer » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:19 pm

That's a little rough there desertrat! :pacman: I know a couple people who actually purchased her book! I watch what I say around those people and I have to be exceptionally diplomatic when she comes up a topic of conversation. I agree that she's had an incredibly negative influence on politics, but I don't think she's going to be going away soon. There's money to be made and a lot of people look up to her. I know that's a scary thought, but there are people even dumber than Sarah!
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:46 pm

Fox News' Tucker Carlson thinks Michael Vick should be executed
Here's one of Palin's colleagues at Fox delivering some more crazy talk. Execute someone for killing dogs? Seriously? I thought that Vick received a harsher punishment than he deserved. I thought a fine of a couple thousand dollars would have been more than adequate. I thought imprisonment was way out of proportion to the crime, but execution? Seriously. Is this whacked out or what?
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:54 am

a2z wrote:Fox News' Tucker Carlson thinks Michael Vick should be executed
Here's one of Palin's colleagues at Fox delivering some more crazy talk. Execute someone for killing dogs? Seriously? I thought that Vick received a harsher punishment than he deserved. I thought a fine of a couple thousand dollars would have been more than adequate. I thought imprisonment was way out of proportion to the crime, but execution? Seriously. Is this whacked out or what?

What about South Korea? I know for a fact that they still torment and then skin alive dogs before they drop them in a pot of boiling water. The dogs scream in agony and suffer greatly over a prolonged period of time. What Vick did was nothing compared to that! I know that there are pet lovers who consider this treatment of dogs to be outrageous, but dogs are just dogs and I have no problem with the Korean practice of preparing them to be used as food. I would not torture a dog myself, but I am not self-righteous enough to presume that others shouldn't be allowed to do so. (BTW, my understanding is that the torture is done to produce adrenaline in the dog, which is supposed to make their meat tender and tasty.)
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:33 am

What Is American Exceptionalism?
Why is it that only the EXCEPTIONALLY STUPID are alarmed by Obama's explanation of American Exceptionalism? Obama's explanation was exactly correct. All cultures believe in their own exceptionalism and it's healthy for us to realize that every culture has it's own concepts of what is exceptional. We should keep that in mind more often so that maybe we'll be less compulsive about interfering in the affairs of other countries!
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:30 am

desertrat wrote:
a2z wrote:Fox News' Tucker Carlson thinks Michael Vick should be executed

What about South Korea? I know for a fact that they still torment and then skin alive dogs before they drop them in a pot of boiling water. The dogs scream in agony and suffer greatly over a prolonged period of time. What Vick did was nothing compared to that! I know that there are pet lovers who consider this treatment of dogs to be outrageous, but dogs are just dogs and I have no problem with the Korean practice of preparing them to be used as food. I would not torture a dog myself, but I am not self-righteous enough to presume that others shouldn't be allowed to do so. (BTW, my understanding is that the torture is done to produce adrenaline in the dog, which is supposed to make their meat tender and tasty.)

That's going a little far. I'm glad that people aren't allowed to torture animals in the USA. I agree that Vick's sentence was a little more than should have been imposed and I also agree that we should stay out of the affairs of other countries to the greatest degree possible. I guess my objection is that you seem willing to tolerate animal abuse, but I guess that's not really what you're saying. I guess I'd just be a little more comfortable if you condemn it a little. But on the other hand I suppose that you're not just compulsively engaging in a spasm of self-righteous indignation either. I'm perplexed!
:puzzled2:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:57 am

pcslim wrote:What Is American Exceptionalism?
Why is it that only the EXCEPTIONALLY STUPID are alarmed by Obama's explanation of American Exceptionalism? Obama's explanation was exactly correct. All cultures believe in their own exceptionalism and it's healthy for us to realize that every culture has it's own concepts of what is exceptional. We should keep that in mind more often so that maybe we'll be less compulsive about interfering in the affairs of other countries!

The belief in American Exceptionalism is what allowed our deluded leaders to take the country into a pointless conflict in Iraq. Rather than entertaining fantasies about being the world's superheroes, we need to take a more rational and sober view of our place in the world.
:curse:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:20 am

Some conservatives like to play the gender card when they hear people criticizing Palin. They like to suggest that sexism is at the root of the widespread disgust for Palin. I can attest that sexism has nothing to do with it. It has everything to do with her willful ignorance and the disaster that would ensue if someone with her extreme lack of intelligence and ability were to lead this country. George Bush Junior was bad enough, but Palin would be about ten times worse!
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:49 am

Social Media Exploding With Talk Of Sarah Palin To Blame & Need For Gun Control
Maybe certain ex-vice presidential candidates should be held responsible for their rhetoric!?? :mad002:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:38 am

'Is Sarah Palin To Blame For AZ Shooting' Top Question On Facebook Today
Palin is probably more of a symptom of our country's problems than a cause, but much of what she says is irresponsible and exacerbates social problems. Someone as dumb as Palin should never have been brought into the national spotlight. I guess we can thank McCain for that!
:curse:
No one yet knows why Jared Loughner gunned down a group of people in Arizona yesterday at a 'corner talk' hosted by Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, but if Facebook activity any measure Sarah Palin is going to have to address the issue, and her 'Take Back' gun sights map, beyond yesterday's short Facebook note.

LINK: http://www.businessinsider.com/zuckerberg-is-sarah-palin-to-blame-for-az-shooting-top-question-on-facebook-today-2011-1
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:16 am

"Arizona Massacre Update" by Old Fart Rants
Sarah Palin is the poster child for everything that is bad about America! :pacman:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:30 am

Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck Collude to Rewrite Their History of Violent Rhetoric
Birds of a feather... Oh, well... This isn't exactly surprising! :bubble:
Recognizing their own perceived complicity in the Arizona shootings, Right Wing political leader Sarah Palin and Right Wing conspiracy artist Glenn Beck are desperately trying to generate heat behind their PR spin that they are not guilty of using incendiary language and so have nothing to do with the culture of violence that many suggest may have led to the Arizona mass murderers.

LINK: http://www.politicususa.com/en/palin-beck-violent-rhetoric
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Next

Return to National News