Police State USA

This forum is dedicated to news outside the Trona Zone, but within the borders of the USA, but Canada and Mexico can fit here too.

Re: Police State USA

Postby MojaveMike » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:40 pm

Pepper Spray = Food Product?!! :pissy:
That's some hot and spicy BS there!!!
MojaveMike
Backcountry Hiker

Postby cactuspete » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:30 am

Why Are Cops Losing Their Jobs for Questioning the Drug War?
The punishment of dissent through economic sanctions is a violation of free speech rights. It's also an effective tool that is utilized by fascist governments and corporations to ensure that their policies are supported.
“I was terminated not because my service was inadequate, but because I hold certain opinions that are shared by millions of my fellow Americans,” Gonzalez is quoted as saying in an ACLU press release. “I am no less patriotic or dedicated to excellence in my work because I respectfully disagree with some of our current border enforcement policies. It was wrong for the U.S. Border Patrol to retaliate against me for exercising my free speech rights guaranteed by the very Constitution I swore to uphold.”

LINK: http://www.alternet.org/story/153337/why_are_cops_losing_their_jobs_for_questioning_the_drug_war/
cactuspete
Backcountry Hiker

Postby desertrat » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:20 am

Feds Falsely Censor Popular Blog For Over A Year, Deny All Due Process, Hide All Details... :wtf:
Yet another example of law enforcement out-of-control. Someone really needs to hold law enforcement accountable. A violation of constitutionally guaranteed rights? The schmucks who participated (detectives, officers, judges, etc.) should all lose their jobs and be fined and possibly thrown into prison. It's time to clean house and incompetent fascist-types should be dealt with in a rather deliberate and severe manner!
Despite all of this, the government simply seized the domain, put up a big scary warning graphic on the site, suggesting its operators were criminals, and then refused to comment at all about the case. Defenders of the seizures insisted that this was all perfectly legal and nothing to be worried about. They promised us that the government had every right to do this and plenty of additional evidence to back up its claims. They promised us that the government would allow for plenty of due process within a reasonable amount of time. They also insisted that, after hearing nothing happening in the case for many months, it meant that no attempt to object to the seizure had occurred. Turns out... none of that was true.

LINK: http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20111208/08225217010/breaking-news-feds-falsely-censor-popular-blog-over-year-deny-all-due-process-hide-all-details.shtml
desertrat
Backcountry Hiker

Postby desertrat » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:51 am

Idiot SWAT Team Tried to Catch Guy Who Was Already in Prison
Why is this not surprising? :smack:
After collecting tips from (drunk? bath salts-addled?) witnesses and obtaining a warrant, a Santa Maria, California SWAT team stormtroopered the home of Hope and Javier Bravo Sr. in search of their son, Javier Bravo Jr. But he was already incarcerated. Which seems like something they should have known! And they could have known, very easily—but somehow (intoxication? bath salts again?) whoever was in charge of reading the paperwork on Javier Junior's case had failed to do so carefully, and a search warrant was issued.

LINK: http://gawker.com/5866926/idiot-swat-team-tries-to-catch-guy-who-was-already-in-prison
desertrat
Backcountry Hiker

Postby pcslim » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:47 am

Tougher drug laws mean nearly 1/3 arrested by age 23
Condition the people to accept the reality of routine and frequent arrests and they will be less likely to complain about the appallingly high incarceration rate. That provides conditions which allow the Prison-Industrial Complex to thrive! We're in the middle of a Civil War, but the battle lines are not clearly drawn and so most people have no idea what's going on.
A study analyzing data from the federal government’s National Longitudinal Survey of Youth found that 30.2 percent of 23-year-olds reported being arrested for something more serious that a traffic violation. It’s the first time since the 1960s that researchers have tried to determine how often young people are arrested. A similar study in 1965 found that only 22 percent reported being arrested by age 23.

LINK: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/12/19/tougher-drug-laws-mean-nearly-13-arrested-by-age-23/
pcslim
Backcountry Hiker

Postby wildrose » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:47 am

Have You Been Arrested Before?
According to this report the first private prisons appeared in 1984, thus providing financial incentive to over-incarcerate.
:mad002:
wildrose
Backcountry Hiker

Postby desertrat » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:48 am

Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops
Someone with a high IQ might not blindly follow orders to violate the civil rights of citizens. That would not be in the best interest of our corporate overlords! What they want are trainable idiots, not people with the brain power to actually realize when they are being ordered to violate the civil rights of citizens!
:soap:
Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training. Most cops score just above normal. The average score nationally for police officers is 21 to 22, the equivalent of an IQ of 104, or just a little above average.

LINK: http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=95836&page=1#.TwCNmfLQfDU
desertrat
Backcountry Hiker

Postby James Sel » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:36 am

104 average IQ that sound a little high for LEO. They must have mixed the statistics on politicians. :puzzled2:
I'm Just Say'en
James Sel
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:15 pm

surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Postby desertrat » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:47 am

surfsteve wrote:Image

James Sel wrote:104 average IQ that sound a little high for LEO. They must have mixed the statistics on politicians. :puzzled2:

My guess is that the test is fairly accurate in the 80 to 95 IQ range, but that it's not geared for IQs above 95 and so the 104 IQ average is a bit of an over-estimation. It might also be a public relations number intended to boost public confidence in those who are supposed to protect and serve. In any event it doesn't seem likely that the average is much above 95. There are a few reasonably intelligent officers out there, but most are trainable idiots as I said in my previous post. They follow orders and do as they are told for the good of corporate America even if their actions violate the individual rights of citizens!
:soap:
desertrat
Backcountry Hiker

Postby James Sel » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:06 pm

All kidding aside ,WTF is the average cop really that dam dull. I would think that a office should be at minimum 110 or even 120. hell my dog is at least 85 score. :conf003:
I'm Just Say'en
James Sel
Backcountry Hiker

Postby pcslim » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:14 pm

James Sel wrote:All kidding aside ,WTF is the average cop really that dam dull. I would think that a office should be at minimum 110 or even 120. hell my dog is at least 85 score. :conf003:

I would expect most law enforcement officers have IQs slightly below average, probably in the range of 90 to 105. If you look at the distribution of IQs in the population you will see that only approximately 16% of the population have IQs above 115. While there is nothing wrong with being a law enforcement officer, it's not the most cognitively demanding job in the world. Even detectives tend not to be overly bright in my experience. They kind of crank things out cookbook style for the most part.
(Disclaimer: There is some controversy on whether scores on IQ tests adequately measure intelligence, but for the sake of argument and this discussion I'm not going to get into that debate here!!!)
LINK: http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/IQBasics.aspx
pcslim
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to National News