Amnesty or Immigration Reform?

This forum is dedicated to news outside the Trona Zone, but within the borders of the USA, but Canada and Mexico can fit here too.

Re: Amnesty or Immigration Reform?

Postby James Sel » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:30 pm

sandman wrote:Amnesty Costs 70 Times More Than Enforcement
Illegals cost this nation way too much. It's time to kick the free-loaders outta here! :curse:
(AND DON'T GIVE ME ANY BS ABOUT THEM DOING JOBS THAT AMERICANS WON'T TAKE!)
The cost of amnesty: $999 billion.
The cost of attrition by enforcement: as little as $14 billion.
Amnesty would cost up to 70 times as much as enforcing existing law.

LINK: http://www.numbersusa.com/content/learn/illegal-immigration/amnesty-costs-10-times-more-than-enforcement.html?/?

what does doing nothing cost in direct $ costs.
I doubt the article's integrity. the numbers aren't right!
I'm Just Say'en
James Sel
Backcountry Hiker

Postby BallaratBob » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:48 am

Scorpions For Breakfast?
Sounds like Jan Brewer and Obama don't see eye to eye on the issue of illegal immigration! :laughingx2:
Governor Brewer had confrontation with Obama today over Brewer's book "Scorpions for Breakfast." Obama whined to Brewer that she did not treat him nicely in her book. Brewer told Greta Van Susteren that Obama ambushed her when he got off the plane about the book. She reacted and poked her finger at his chest. Brewer said that Obama walked away from her in mid-sentence. Brewer says Obama wants amnesty.

LINK:
BallaratBob
Cantankerous Mule

Postby pcslim » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:36 am

Obama's tarmac tiff with Jan Brewer: The president fights back
They had a little tiff. Big deal. But I guess the image of the blond-haired lady scolding the tall, black president has captured a lot of attention.
:roll:
It was a tarmac tiff that lasted no more than a minute but encapsulated the president’s mood of the moment: fed up with the GOP. “What I’ve discovered is I think it’s always good publicity for a Republican if they’re in an argument with me,” Obama said, laughing and aloof, during an ABC News interview about the Brewer incident. “But this was really not a big deal.” Obama seemed to sense that Brewer wanted to use him as a prop. She gave him a handwritten letter inviting him to the border, replicating a similar move by Gov. Rick Perry in 2010 to confront Obama on immigration, which blew up into a mini-firestorm.

LINK: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0112/72100.html
pcslim
Backcountry Hiker

Postby BallaratBob » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:48 am

Immigration Ranks High on Ariz. Voters' Minds
This issue might matter a lot of Zonies, but it probably isn't an important issue on a national scale. :bubble:
BallaratBob
Cantankerous Mule

Postby cactuspete » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:13 am

Media Access Blocked at Colorado Wildfire
Checking the immigration status of people who are legally stopped by officers doesn't seem like a problem to me just as long as people aren't stopped for the sole purpose of checking their immigration status!
cactuspete
Backcountry Hiker

Previous

Return to National News