The R-Word Is Totally Gay?

This forum is dedicated to news outside the Trona Zone, but within the borders of the USA, but Canada and Mexico can fit here too.

Re: The R-Word Is Totally Gay?

Postby Anonymizer » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:25 pm

This proves that there has been a gay president of the USA! Abe Lincoln was a gaytard! Kinda makes ya think twice about Lincoln Logs!
:funny:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:27 am

a2z wrote:This proves that there has been a gay president of the USA! Abe Lincoln was a gaytard! Kinda makes ya think twice about Lincoln Logs!
:funny:

That's hilarious!!! :dizzy: Never heard of that band before, but that's not surprising. I found it interesting that they were able to clone Lincoln and that all the clones seem to be gay also. I guess that provides evidence for a genetic determinant of sexual preference! :funny:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby BallaratBob » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:26 am

Retarded or Intellectually Disabled?
Language nazis are retawded!!!! :curse:
I will use any word I damn well please, thank you very much! If they don't like it they can go hug a retard for all I care!
The R-word, “retard,” is slang for the term mental retardation. Mental retardation was what doctors, psychologists, and other professionals used to describe people with significant intellectual impairment. Today the r-word has become a common word used by society as an insult for someone or something stupid. For example, you might hear someone say, “That is so retarded” or “Don’t be such a retard.”

LINK: http://www.r-word.org
BallaratBob
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:32 am

You mean the R word stands for retard? I thought it meant Republican. Does that mean the D word stands for dumb?
surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Postby MojaveMike » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:59 am

BallaratBob wrote:Retarded or Intellectually Disabled?
Language nazis are retawded!!!! :curse:
I will use any word I damn well please, thank you very much! If they don't like it they can go hug a retard for all I care!
The R-word, “retard,” is slang for the term mental retardation. Mental retardation was what doctors, psychologists, and other professionals used to describe people with significant intellectual impairment. Today the r-word has become a common word used by society as an insult for someone or something stupid. For example, you might hear someone say, “That is so retarded” or “Don’t be such a retard.”

LINK: http://www.r-word.org

Calling someone dumb, stupid, or retarded is a serious insult and it's appropriate when someone does something that shows a profound lack of intelligence. Our intelligence is what makes us human. As for sexual slurs, that's a totally different thing. If someone is promiscuous, then they are acting in an unintelligent manner and deserve to be insulted for their lack of proper consideration of their actions. On the other hand, people who are gay simply have a different sexual preference from people who are straight. It's not a better than or worse than kind of proposition. However, being unintelligent is a worse than type of proposition and verbal derision is warranted when referring to a person or behavior that shows cognitive deficiency, IMHO!
MojaveMike
Backcountry Hiker

Previous

Return to National News