Corrupt Justice System / CASH FOR KIDS

This forum is dedicated to news outside the Trona Zone, but within the borders of the USA, but Canada and Mexico can fit here too.

Re: Corrupt Justice System

Postby MojaveMike » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:01 am

Troy Davis’ “Legal” Murder: An Indictment Against A Bloodthirsty Empire
Systemic fail on this one! Freedom? Human rights? Just a bunch of empty BS, I'm afraid! :mad002:
American people like to feed their minds with fairy tales about themselves which say otherwise. The US history taught in American schools is full of omissions, embellishments and blatant lies. This is not a land of morality and righteousness as it paints itself to be, the country owns its power and wealth to crimes against humanity and genocide. American was built and became hugely prosperous from land stolen to the Native Americans and from the labor of African slaves.

LINK: http://newsjunkiepost.com/2011/09/21/troy-davis-legal-murder-an-indictment-against-a-bloodthirsty-empire/
MojaveMike
Backcountry Hiker

Postby cactuspete » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:32 am

Troy Davis' death: The end of capital punishment?
When an individual commits a murder, that's a bad thing. BUT when the state commits a murder, that's an unacceptable thing. When there is doubt as to the guilt of the condemned and the state goes ahead and executes that individual, then the state has stepped outside the bounds of its legal rights and has committed murder. All government officials who allowed the murder of Troy Davis are guilty of murder and since, as pointed out in a previous post, their actions are a matter of public record, there is no doubt about their guilt.
The state of Georgia executed Davis despite widespread doubts over whether he really killed a cop in 1989. Is that enough to turn public opinion? When it comes to capital punishment, "the desire for certainty is finally beginning to carry as much weight as the need for finality," says Dahlia Lithwick at Slate. And certainty is ever-harder to come by, particularly given the never-ending tales of prosecutorial error and misconduct. That's why the huge interest in the Davis execution could signal that "the death penalty in America is finally dying." People look at Davis and wonder: "Could someone I care about have been sentenced to death based on a bunch of eyewitnesses who later recanted?"

LINK: http://theweek.com/article/index/219630/troy-davis-death-the-end-of-capital-punishment
cactuspete
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:38 am

Judge Mathis Weighs in on the execution of Troy Davis
Overwhelming doubt of guilt! Georgia has blood on its hands and that makes the entire USA look bad! We have no right to criticize any other country until we fix the problems here!
:angry:
shadylady
Backcountry Hiker

Postby panamint_patty » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:21 am

Davis Mourned As a Martyr During Ga. Funeral
Bob Dylan wrote:Couldn't help but make me feel ashamed to live in a land
Where justice is a game.

panamint_patty
Backcountry Hiker

Postby James Sel » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:42 am

panamint_patty wrote:Davis Mourned As a Martyr During Ga. Funeral
Bob Dylan wrote:Couldn't help but make me feel ashamed to live in a land
Where justice is a game.

Does anyone know why some of the witnesses backed off from their testimonials. Since I hadn't followed the case all I know is that every news channel says that the most of the witnesses changed testimonials.
This is what it sounds like to me. 9 said we say him do it. 2 did see him do it. 7 admitted that they we just part of a heard that know he did it, but since they we in the heard they thought that they actually seem what really happened.
Or did 7 witnesses see someone else do it. or how many witnesses are there in the 1st place?
I'm Just Say'en
James Sel
Backcountry Hiker

Postby MRGREEN » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Cop Admits To Framing 185 Innocent People :mad002:
There are most likely way more dirty cops and dirty detectives than we'd like to believe. Whether they're planting physical or digital evidence, they undoubtedly get away with it way more often than they get caught. They convince themselves that someone is guilty and should be put away and then they provide the evidence that will guarantee a conviction. This is a distorted way of looking at justice, but there are no guarantees that everybody that works for law enforcement is fair and honest.
MRGREEN
Backcountry Hiker

Postby cactuspete » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:47 am

MRGREEN wrote:Cop Admits To Framing 185 Innocent People :mad002:
There are most likely way more dirty cops and dirty detectives than we'd like to believe. Whether they're planting physical or digital evidence, they undoubtedly get away with it way more often than they get caught. They convince themselves that someone is guilty and should be put away and then they provide the evidence that will guarantee a conviction. This is a distorted way of looking at justice, but there are no guarantees that everybody that works for law enforcement is fair and honest.

Just the tip of the ice berg, as they say. Law enforcement corruption is widespread and you're especially right about digital evidence being easy to fake. As an engineer who spent most of his career working with electronic circuits, I can attest to that fact. It's convenient and easy and almost impossible to detect if you know what you're doing and you have the right tools.
cactuspete
Backcountry Hiker

Postby wildrose » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:45 am

The Judge Accuses FBI & Our Govt Of Being The Real Terrorist! & Creating Terror Plots In America!
Is it ethical for law enforcement to seduce someone to commit a crime and then to bust that person for the crime? Is that really keeping us safe or is it just putting us in peril? It seems to me that most people will commit a crime of some kind if presented with a tailor made opportunity that appeals to them individually. Law enforcement should not engage in entrapment schemes. They should target only individuals with the initiative to commit crimes, not those who can be lured into committing a crime!
wildrose
Backcountry Hiker

Postby pcslim » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:37 am

Ex-NYPD Detective: Police Plant Drugs On Innocent People
Nothing surprising here. An officer is convinced that someone is guilty and so the officer just adds a little evidence to guarantee that the suspect will be found guilty. The officer has sort of appointed himself as judge and jury in this case, but he's so self-righteous that he actually believes he's done a good thing by putting what he believes to be a bad person behind bars. The scary thing is that it's even easier to plant digital evidence and pretty much everyone has a computer or digital phone nowadays. The ease with which someone can be framed using digital evidence is extremely alarming!
A former NYPD narcotics detective testified on Wednesday that he regularly saw police plant drugs on innocent people as a way to meet arrest quotas. Stephen Anderson is testifying under cooperation with prosecutors after he was busted for planting cocaine on four men in a bar in Queens. "It was something I was seeing a lot of, whether it was from supervisors or undercovers and even investigators," Anderson said.

LINK: http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2011/10/ex-nypd_detective_police_plant_drugs_on_innocent_p.php
pcslim
Backcountry Hiker

Postby panamint_patty » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:35 am

Detective Is Found Guilty of Planting Drugs
About 99.9% of the time these guys get away with it. Probably a slight majority of detectives are honest and play by the rules, but a substantial number of these guys resort to dirty tricks. It's called "going with your gut feeling" and it almost always leads to people justifying extremely unethical behavior!
:curse:
The New York Police Department, already saddled with corruption scandals, saw its image further tainted on Tuesday with the conviction of a detective for planting drugs on a woman and her boyfriend. “I thought I was not naïve,” he said. “But even this court was shocked, not only by the seeming pervasive scope of misconduct but even more distressingly by the seeming casualness by which such conduct is employed.” The case against Detective Arbeeny was rooted in a far larger tale of corruption in Police Department drug units: several narcotics officers in Brooklyn have been caught mishandling drugs they seized as evidence, and hundreds of potentially tainted drug cases have been dismissed. The city has made payments to settle civil suits over wrongful incarcerations.

LINK: https://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/02/nyregion/brooklyn-detective-convicted-of-planting-drugs-on-innocent-people.html?_r=1
panamint_patty
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:17 am

surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:26 am

REGARDING CONSTITUTION LAND VIDEO
I'm always amazed how land owners like to stress property rights above basic freedoms when they talk about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. What they actually mean when they talk like this is that they feel that only those who own land and who are relatively rich deserve the protection of the Constitution/Bill or Rights. They don't feel that protecting our natural heritage is to their advantage and it gets in the way of them making money. These people at the meeting shown in the video sound like a bunch of tea baggers who think that their interests are the same as the interests as those of the corporate overlords. Notice that the law and order crowd is in full support of this drivel! What a bunch of idiots!
shadylady
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to National News