Public Events

This is the forum for news pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, Panamint Valley, Saline Valley, Owens Valley, Inyo County, San Bernardino County, and areas immediatelly adjacent to these localities.

Public Events

Postby desertrat » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:24 am

China Lake and Department of Interior through BLM announces Draft EIS/LEIS
This sounds like it's more of a courtesy meeting so that the navy can pretend to provide the public with the opportunity to provide input, but it might be interesting to attend just the same. If there was any hope of the navy releasing any portion of this land, there would be something worth discussing, but that's not likely to happen. Nonetheless, here are the dates:
The public meetings will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. at the following locations:

Ridgecrest, CA
October 2, 2012
Marriott SpringHill Suites
113 E. Sydnor Avenue
Ridgecrest, CA 93555

Trona, CA
October 3, 2012
Trona Community Senior Center
13187 Market St.
Trona, CA 93562

Lone Pine, CA
October 4, 2012
Statham Hall
138 Jackson St.
Lone Pine, CA 93545

LINKS:
http://www.ridgecrestca.com/article/20120822/NEWS/120829931
http://www.chinalakeleis.com/
desertrat
Backcountry Hiker

Re: Public Events

Postby BallaratBob » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:10 am

Wisconsin Cow Chip Throwers Get a Curveball
Cow pies can be a lot of fun, but donkey chips are every bit as entertaining! Maybe a donkey chip throwing contest is what we need around these parts to increase the crowds at local events!
:thumb2:
BallaratBob
Cantankerous Mule

Postby sandman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:44 am

RE: Wisconsin Cow Chip Throwers Get a Curveball
I'd say that would make a good half time contest at local high school football games, but then I figured that the opposing team would protest that the donkey chips create unsanitary conditions on the playing field. Of course, they'd probably complain only if they were losing the game. What a bunch of cry-babies!
:laughingx2:
sandman
Cantankerous Mule

Postby FlyingPig » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:25 pm

Community Clean Up
A flyer came with my water bill this month. It says that there will be a community clean up on SEPT 22, 2012 from 8AM to 12 NOON. It also says that a dumpster will be available by Trails Drive Inn and to please bring trash, debris, old appliances, furniture, yard waste, etc. to put in the trash bin. If it saves me a trip to the dump then I'm in favor of it! Also it says that residentially generated household and electronic waste will be accepted at the Fire Station during this event.
:thumb:
FlyingPig
Fleabitten Varmint

Return to Trona and Death Valley