NEVADA WILD HORSES

This is the forum for news pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, Panamint Valley, Saline Valley, Owens Valley, Inyo County, San Bernardino County, and areas immediatelly adjacent to these localities.

Re: NEVADA WILD HORSES

Postby shadylady » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:56 am

Wild Mustangs: Symbol of American West
A little equine drama anyone? :dizzy:
shadylady
Backcountry Hiker

Postby wildrose » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:07 am

Lovable long-ears: Why you need a donkey
There's a lot of opinions regarding wild burros, but the one thing I think most people can agree on is that rounding them up and putting them up for adoption is better than killing them.
Another option is to adopt a wild burro (the Spanish word for donkey) from the Bureau of Land Management. In California, the adoption center is in Litchfield, near Susanville, with burros usually coming from the local Twin Peaks or Ravendale herd management areas. However, depending on the time of year and space availability, the burros may also come from areas in Nevada. A person can adopt from the Litchfield corrals by making an appointment, and the BLM also brings burros to various communities at satellite adoptions. You can see its schedule at: http://www.blm.gov/ca/st/en/prog/wild_horse_and_burro/adoptions.html

LINK: http://www.redding.com/news/2012/jun/09/lovable-long-ears-why-you-need-a-donkey/
wildrose
Backcountry Hiker

Postby wildrose » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:06 am

Wild burro adoption slated Saturday
The article says that people were feeding the wild burros and as a result burros became a traffic nuisance. The lesson to be learned here is that it's best not to feed wild animals! I'll make an exception for birds since I put out bird seed and have a hummingbird feeder, but other than that it's a good idea not to feed wild animals!
:sunshine:
The U.S. Bureau of Land Management will be holding a wild burro adoption at Oliver Ranch in Red Rock Canyon from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday. Oliver Ranch is about 4.5 miles north on Highway 159 from the Red Rock Turnoff, past the town of Blue Diamond but not as far as Bonnie Springs.

LINK: http://pvtimes.com/news/wild-burro-adoption-slated-saturday/
wildrose
Backcountry Hiker

Postby MojaveMike » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:46 am

Donkey Sex Aficionado Defends Zoophilia
I wasn't sure if I should put this in the Alternative Lifestyles thread or this thread, but I figured since donkeys are involved, it should go here. Hopefully people who adopt wild burros are properly screened and thorough background checks conducted to keep donkeys safe from these pervs!!! I know someone will say that this is no laughing matter, but here's my response to them...
:laughingx2:
MojaveMike
Backcountry Hiker

Previous

Return to Trona and Death Valley