Great Real Estate Deals in Trona!

Want to sell something? Have a request? Want to give something away? Advertise local services, etc. here.

Great Real Estate Deals in Trona!

Postby Anonymizer » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:18 am

The 5000 dollar house
I was looking up info on surfsteve's talapia and I came across this:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Re: Great Real Estate Deals in Trona!

Postby Anonymizer » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:03 am

Thanks. I didn't even realize you had a place to post ads.
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:36 am

County to auction off 176 properties to recoup back taxes April 20
Looks like some great deals in the Pahrump area! The minimum bid for a lot of the parcels is only $1000 to $2000! And the major bonus is that the properties are in Nevada, not Kalifornia!
The Nye County Treasurer’s Office will auction off 176 properties in this year’s annual tax sale for southern Nye County, beginning at 9 a.m., April 20 in the Nye County Commissioners Chambers, 2100 Walt Whitman Dr. in Pahrump. The properties will be auctioned for a total not less than the amount of taxes, costs, penalties and interest legally chargeable. Bidders must put up a $500 money order or cashier’s check to participate in the auction. The number of properties is up from 160 properties last year, 164 properties in 2009 and 138 properties in 2008. Nye County Treasurer Michael Maher said that isn’t necessarily because of the recession and the high foreclosure rate. It takes three years of non-payment of taxes for a property to go to a tax sale, he said, while the recession didn’t begin until 2008.

LINK: http://pvtimes.com/news/county-to-auction-off-176-properties-to-recoup-back-taxes-april-20/
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:51 am

Didn't get any calls on the other house. Need to sell one of these to pay bills for the apartments. Just reduced the price on this house to 33K

More pictures at:
http://www1.iwvisp.com/vankast/3bdrm/
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:57 am

That video was terrible. I just bought that camera and it was so small that I had trouble using it. I didn't have time to remake the video because I was already past the deadline for a newspaper ad. Hopefully I will get some calls on it now that I am selling the house at a loss.
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:57 pm

surfsteve wrote:That video was terrible. I just bought that camera and it was so small that I had trouble using it. I didn't have time to remake the video because I was already past the deadline for a newspaper ad. Hopefully I will get some calls on it now that I am selling the house at a loss.

Good luck! It looks like a great house at a great price, but it's incredibly hard to sell a house in Trona. Some people just don't appreciate the desert!
:sunshine:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby cactuspete » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:46 am

Something tells me that houses haven't exactly been selling like hotcakes in the Searles Valley! :cool2:
cactuspete
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:16 am

Nope. Pretty much everybody that looks at the house wants to buy it but nobody can get a loan.
surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Postby wildrose » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:53 am

Calif. City Sees Hope in Ex-air Base
Looks like there are some great deals in Victorville too! :puzzled2:
wildrose
Backcountry Hiker

Return to Want Ads