Meth-Face Imaging Software

Feel free to post on any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere on the board.

Meth-Face Imaging Software

Postby Anonymizer » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:16 pm

desertrat 2010-01-25:
It seems that kids care more about what methamphetamine might do to their faces than what it does to their brains! 3D imaging software called Face2Face is available that shows kids how quickly meth use ages their faces!
The scare tactics are no joke: Meth really does make you look worse than Joan Rivers on a plastic-surgery bender.

LINK: http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2010/01/meth_software_simulation.php
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Re: Meth-Face Imaging Software

Postby Anonymizer » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:16 pm

shadylady 2010-01-25:
desertrat wrote:It seems that kids care more about what methamphetamine might do to their faces than what it does to their brains! 3D imaging software called Face2Face is available that shows kids how quickly meth use ages their faces!

You make a good point. Kids often worry more about their looks than their intelligence. I know of several people who were bright or at least reasonably intelligent as children who are barely functional now as a result of drug use. I know a guy who's in his early twenties who looks like he's in his thirties. The effect the drugs had on his appearance were pretty bad, but his brain is basically gone. The guy is a total idiot at this point. He had potential before he started using methamphetamine, but drug use has now completely wiped out any potential he may have once had.
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:18 pm

mrgreenskull 2010-01-25:
It's hard to exaggerate the negative effects of meth! The effects on appearance are nothing compared to what it does to the brain. I know of about a dozen people who are just barely functional as a result of meth. It's as if they have no souls left. They lie, cheat, and steal from people who used to be their friends. They have become truly desperate and despicable individuals!
:puzzled2:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:21 pm

a2z 2010-01-25:
mrgreenskull wrote:It's hard to exaggerate the negative effects of meth! The effects on appearance are nothing compared to what it does to the brain. I know of about a dozen people who are just barely functional as a result of meth. It's as if they have no souls left. They lie, cheat, and steal from people who used to be their friends. They have become truly desperate and despicable individuals!
:puzzled2:

That sums it up pretty well. Methheads are like the living dead. I knew a guy in middle school who was at least above average in intelligence and now that guy is basically brain dead. I heard that he tried to steal some DVDs when he was at a friend's house just so he'd be able to buy some more junk to get high on. Even if he stopped doing drugs completely at this point he wouldn't be able to function like a normal person. It's a pathetic waste and it's pointless to even try to help the guy!

Here's what happens in just a couple years. As bad as it looks on the outside, a hundred times more damage is done inside the skull!
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:24 pm

pcslim 2010-01-27:
It's a sad reality that methamphetamine use has ruined many lives. Even sadder is that once addicts have deteriorated to a certain point they can't be rehabilitated. The brain damage in many cases is so extreme and so severe that there's just no hope that the individual will ever be able to function as a competent member of society. Many of these people even after they've been off drugs for a number of months never regain mental competence. They seem to have lost much of what we expect humans to be capable of. In a prior comment someone stated that it's as if they have "lost their souls." I'd have to agree that there isn't a much better way of explaining the results of long-term methamphetamine use.
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:50 am

REPOSTER wrote:pcslim 2010-01-27:
It's a sad reality that methamphetamine use has ruined many lives. Even sadder is that once addicts have deteriorated to a certain point they can't be rehabilitated. The brain damage in many cases is so extreme and so severe that there's just no hope that the individual will ever be able to function as a competent member of society. Many of these people even after they've been off drugs for a number of months never regain mental competence. They seem to have lost much of what we expect humans to be capable of. In a prior comment someone stated that it's as if they have "lost their souls." I'd have to agree that there isn't a much better way of explaining the results of long-term methamphetamine use.

I gotta agree with myself. Thanks for reposting this thread. While I'm in favor of legalizing marijuana, I recognize that certain drugs should remain illegal. Meth is one of those drugs too dangerous to legalize. Manufacturing, distributing, and using meth should result in arrest and incarceration as far as I'm concerned. However, marijuana should be legal to grow, process, distribute, use, etc. As far as I'm concerned there is a HUGE difference between a relatively benign substance such as marijuana and an extremely dangerous substance such as methamphetamine!
:soap:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:53 am

pcslim wrote:
REPOSTER wrote:pcslim 2010-01-27:

I gotta agree with myself. Thanks for reposting this thread. While I'm in favor of legalizing marijuana, I recognize that certain drugs should remain illegal. Meth is one of those drugs too dangerous to legalize. Manufacturing, distributing, and using meth should result in arrest and incarceration as far as I'm concerned. However, marijuana should be legal to grow, process, distribute, use, etc. As far as I'm concerned there is a HUGE difference between a relatively benign substance such as marijuana and an extremely dangerous substance such as methamphetamine!
:soap:

I'm in agreement. It would be nice to eliminate unnecessary laws, like those against marijuana, but continue to enforce necessary laws like those against meth use. That seems pretty obvious and logical. The question is, why is this not the way things are done?!!
:curse:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:39 am

Meth Making a Comeback
Some people just never learn!
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:01 pm

Could it be?
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:54 am

Obama does look a little worn out. He probably does rely a bit too much on caffeine and perhaps prescription stimulants and sleeping pills, but there's no telling. Some people cope with stress well and some need medicinal aids to help them. My guess is that Obama is one of those people with boundless energy who has no need for stimulants, but I could be wrong.
:sunshine:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:00 pm

surfsteve wrote:Could it be?

Don't you really believe in this. :smack:
Anonymizer
Greenhorn

Postby Anonymizer » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:20 am

Anonymizer