Religious Nutjobs

Feel free to post on any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere on the board.

Re: Religious Nutjobs

Postby desertrat » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:56 pm

Pastor Dennis Terry's Fire and Brimstone Introduction of Rick Santorum Raises Eyebrows
As I recall this country is NOT a Christian nation, it's a nation that cherishes religious freedom. This nutjob of a pastor would like to take away our basic freedom to choose our religion (or choose not to participate in that kind of thing) and force us all to obey his rules. What an idiot and Santorum's an even bigger idiot for associating with this wackjob!!!
:mad002:
desertrat
Backcountry Hiker

Postby pcslim » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:58 am

Does Satan help sell records? Alan Cross considers the devil's role in rock and roll
Please allow me to introduce myself? :violin:
Pop stars know they can get a little extra attention by baiting religious fanatics and so what do you expect?
A recent article published by Fox News quotes so-called music experts who suggest that many of the top-selling performers today are turning to the devil to make radio hits. Are pop stars inserting satanic verses into their songs to sell records? Canadian music journalist and acclaimed radio host Alan Cross joins us as we ask, does the devil really have a hand in selling albums?

pcslim
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:34 am

Homophobic? Maybe You’re Gay :smack:
File this one under OBVIOUS!!! Most of us have realized this for a long time! People who criticize homosexuals are almost always latent homosexuals themselves. The people you see with signs that say, "God hates fags!" and that sort of thing have secret homosexual desires and they externalize their self-loathing by attacking others. It's obvious and anyone who hasn't figured this out is either extremely young and inexperienced or just plain stupid!
One theory is that homosexual urges, when repressed out of shame or fear, can be expressed as homophobia. Freud famously called this process a “reaction formation” — the angry battle against the outward symbol of feelings that are inwardly being stifled. Even Mr. Haggard seemed to endorse this idea when, apologizing after his scandal for his anti-gay rhetoric, he said, “I think I was partially so vehement because of my own war.”

LINK: https://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/opinion/sunday/homophobic-maybe-youre-gay.html?_r=1
shadylady
Backcountry Hiker

Postby a2z » Tue May 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Dan Savage Rips Bible 'Bullshit' - Fox News Says He's 'Bullying' Christians
Fighting back when confronted by a bully is NOT the same as bullying! :mad002:
a2z
Backcountry Hiker

Postby cactuspete » Wed May 02, 2012 6:53 am

Bod4God: Get In Shape to Honor God?
Instead of attempting to control the lives of others, these religious nuts are doing something to overcome their own problems. If everyone just solved their own problems before they started worrying about other people this world would be a whole lot better place!
cactuspete
Backcountry Hiker

Postby desertrat » Sun May 20, 2012 7:50 am

Church Sues Woman for $500k Over Negative Google review
More craziness out of religious nuts! In order to prove that they're not a cult they do all the things that cults do! Amazing!
:smack:
desertrat
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Sun May 20, 2012 11:12 am

I'm sure there are atheist nut jobs as well. I was about to use the Columbine killings as an example. I always assumed from what I heard on National News that the Columbine killers must have been atheists nut jobs because it was always reported that they were targeting Christians and allegedly shot a girl after they asked her if she believed in god. I went looking for some information to back up my beliefs.

Instead I came across the article below and after reading it I am convinced that the whole targeting of Christians and the incident of shooting the girl after asking her if she believed in god never even happened. If you read this I think you will be amazed.

http://arizonaatheist.blogspot.com/2008 ... never.html

It seems that there were a lot of things reported by the news media and are believed to this day that never happened.
surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Postby a2z » Sun May 20, 2012 3:27 pm

surfsteve wrote:I'm sure there are atheist nut jobs as well. I was about to use the Columbine killings as an example. I always assumed from what I heard on National News that the Columbine killers must have been atheists nut jobs because it was always reported that they were targeting Christians and allegedly shot a girl after they asked her if she believed in god. I went looking for some information to back up my beliefs.

Instead I came across the article below and after reading it I am convinced that the whole targeting of Christians and the incident of shooting the girl after asking her if she believed in god never even happened. If you read this I think you will be amazed.

http://arizonaatheist.blogspot.com/2008 ... never.html

It seems that there were a lot of things reported by the news media and are believed to this day that never happened.

What I recall hearing was that they were bullied by a group of Christians. I don't recall the details, but it's the typical scenario of Christians deciding that they know what you should do and how you should act and condemning you if you don't conform to their expectations. Religious nuts should solve their own personal issues and refrain from attempting to impose their primitive and inferior beliefs on others!
:soap:
a2z
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Thu May 31, 2012 7:05 am

Government Should Kill Gays - Pastor Curtis Knapp :rolleyes2:
The guy from TYT has a little fun with the Holy Scriptures and points out some of the hypocrisy and inconsistencies of religious fanatics when it comes to how they interpret scripture.
shadylady
Backcountry Hiker

Postby pcslim » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:51 am

Atheists Sue To Remove Ten Commandments Monument
People who favor the placement of religious monuments on public lands are un-American. They should move to one of those countries run by religious dictators. They'd probably be right at home in Saudi Arabia or Iran. Here in America we don't believe in imposing religion on citizens and the placement of religious monuments on public land is a form of religious imposition!
:curse:
pcslim
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:07 am

Man Shoots 4-Year-Old Boy He Thought Was Gay
Religious nutjobs create a climate and culture of hatred which creates an atmosphere in which this type of action is condoned. The guy who did this should be put in prison for life without even a remote possibility that he will ever be released. I am against the death penalty, but for a case like this I am close to changing my mind!
shadylady
Backcountry Hiker

Postby cactuspete » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:00 am

Organized Religion Confidence At All-Time Low Among Americans
There's still way too many religious nuts, but I suppose this is progress? :bubble:
cactuspete
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion