American Obesity Epidemic

Feel free to post on any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere on the board.

American Obesity Epidemic

Postby desertrat » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:27 am

Study predicts hefty health problems
The fat future of the fattest country on the planet! People need to stop filling their pie holes and get out and exercise a little! And stop it already with the acting all offended crap when someone actually holds you accountable for being an overweight slob!
:soap:
The study titled “F as in Fat: How Obesity Threatens America’s Future,” issued by the Trust for America’s Health and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, is predicting that by the year 2030, 44 percent of all state populations could reach obese levels based on current trends. It also notes that 13 of those states could reach levels of 60 percent obesity.

LINK: http://pvtimes.com/news/study-predicts-hefty-health-problems/
desertrat
Backcountry Hiker

Re: American Obesity Epidemic

Postby surfsteve » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:00 am

It's GMO's. They do the same thing to rats.

surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Postby cactuspete » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:14 am

What Happened to Lady Gaga!?
She's going to have to release new versions of her old songs, including "Paparazzi - You might wanna get the wide lens out"!
:laughingx2:
cactuspete
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:55 am

Black girls run
The back of the tee-shirt says Preserve the Sexy and a participant in the program explains that Sexy is about self-confidence. It's wonderful to see people taking responsibility for overcoming obesity instead of just making excuses.
shadylady
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:56 am

shadylady wrote:Black girls run
The back of the tee-shirt says Preserve the Sexy and a participant in the program explains that Sexy is about self-confidence. It's wonderful to see people taking responsibility for overcoming obesity instead of just making excuses.

That is so racist!
surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:05 am

surfsteve wrote:

That is so racist!

I can't tell if you're serious or if you're joking about this being racist. My understanding is that Black Girls Run started as a community support group and it unexpectedly grew to become a nationwide movement. I admit that if the group had been named White Girls Run, that would be perceived as racist, but to some extent an oppressed minority does have the right to pick itself up by the bootstraps and so I don't find the name of the group to be objectionable. At this time they welcome women of all races and men also participate in their events and so the racist claim doesn't stick, and neither do any claims of sexism.
:thumb:
shadylady
Backcountry Hiker

Postby wildrose » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:02 am

Cops lose weight or lose their jobs
These might be some of the most uncoordinated and awkward law enforcement officers I've ever seen! But they certainly aren't the fattest.
:laughingx2:
At least Pakistan is doing something about fat police officers. It would be good to see something done about this problem in the USA!
wildrose
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:20 am

shadylady wrote:
surfsteve wrote:

That is so racist!

I can't tell if you're serious or if you're joking about this being racist. My understanding is that Black Girls Run started as a community support group and it unexpectedly grew to become a nationwide movement. I admit that if the group had been named White Girls Run, that would be perceived as racist, but to some extent an oppressed minority does have the right to pick itself up by the bootstraps and so I don't find the name of the group to be objectionable. At this time they welcome women of all races and men also participate in their events and so the racist claim doesn't stick, and neither do any claims of sexism.
:thumb:

I don't know where to start. Equality would allow anyone to pick themselves up by the bootstraps. Two wrongs do not make a right no matter how politically correct it seems.
surfsteve
Backcountry Hiker

Return to General Discussion